Chapter 13

Sam’s POV

They told me I could stay the night. I didn’t pass up that chance. They even brought a cot in for me, but I doubt I’ll be sleeping anytime soon.

I’m so relieved… I almost lost him… I’m so fucking stupid. He only wanted to get my attention with the whole Lucas thing, but I’m so fucking stubborn, I wanted to teach him a lesson. I should have known better. Why would I do that to him…? And then I bring a date to the Halloween party, knowing Alexander was there? I’m an asshole…

I look over at the sleeping Alexander. Too bad life isn’t like the fairy tales… I kissed his lips so many times, but he didn’t wake up. I grab his hand gently and let out a frustrated sigh.

“Why wasn’t I able to stop him…? I’m so sorry I was so stupid…” I hang my head.

“You’re…not…” I hear his tiny voice as I feel his grip on my hand. I perk my head up to see him staring at me.

“Baby! You’re finally awake! Are you okay? Do you hurt? I could ask them to give you something for the pain,” I grip his hand tighter. He chuckles softly and shakes his head.

“A-are you sure?”

“Y-yeah… I’m just really tired,” he takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out. He tries to sit up, but I stop him.

“D-don’t move, baby. Nurse! Hey, nurse!” I yell. The nurse comes walking in.

“Ah, you’re awake. How do you feel?” she asks Alexander.

“I hurt everywhere… but happy,” he smiles.

“On a scale, one to ten, ten being super painful, what would you say the pain is?”

“Eightish…but moving makes it a tenish…” he pouts.

“Okay, I’ll get you something for the pain,” she smiles and walks out of the room.

“Happy?” I ask him.

“Mhm, I have my Sammie, “he blushes a little.

“Alexander, I’m so sorry… I won’t ever leave you again, I promise,” I tell him as I lean in and kiss his lips. He kisses me back and then smiles.

“My Sammie, you’re so cute,” he giggles quietly.

“I am yours. I’ve always been yours, Alexander. I was so fucking stupid to leave you. I’m so sorry I did that…” I hang my head in shame.

“It’s okay,” he forces a smile at me.

“No, it’s not. I should have never stopped paying attention to you. I should have told people who you were. I should have been a better boyfriend… and a better lover…”

“My Sammie, it really is okay. I forgive you,” he tightens his grip on my hand.

“Why do you forgive so easily? You’re too kind of a person,” I mumble, “you shouldn’t forgive me so easily. I destroyed us.”

“We aren’t destroyed. We’re just stuck in a ditch.”

“Have been for months… due to my pathetic driving.”

“You confused me…”

I just laugh and place a hand on his cheek. He’s so adorable. How could anyone want to hurt him? And why is it that he’s always being hurt? First Taylor and now Carl… I grit my teeth.

“My Sammie? Are you thinking about those guys?”

“How could you tell?”

“You have a mean look on your face like you’re about to snap a gorilla in half.”