In the Eyes of a Wallflower: Anonymous

Introduction

I am that girl who is the 'Plain Jane'. I  am very simple, yet complicated. I tend to be quiet, but my head is like New York City with the bustling crowds, taxis, and cars. My mind is always going. I never tell how I feel, because I don’t want a bad reputation. Sometimes I wish I could be that girl that everyone loves and looks up to be, who is in the spotlight yet is humble about it.

Being Anonymous is like being a wallflower. Never noticed. I love not being in the drama, but sometimes  I end up telling my feelings to my best friend Ryan. She is an awesome friend, always there to count on. She is like a  sister to me and I am so blessed. Now that I told you my background, let me continue to  tell you my story.  The pre-anonymous days.  Freshman Year begins…

Chapter 1: Fresh Meat

 We have all heard of those horrifying stories that upper-classmen tell to freshmen to scare them. About Freshmen Friday, dumping freshmen in dumpsters or trashcans, or even simply scaring a freshman in the hallways. The first day was so nerve racking. First, we went to home room to get our schedules. After the bell rang I frantically made it to my first class. I thanked God I was early, if I was late I would have a tardy and that would not look good. Anyways, class started and we got our syllabi, and this was the same for the three other classes.  After each day passed  by, I started to notice this guy, not by looks, but by personality.  We increasingly got to know each other and we became friends. Whether or not his feelings for me grew, mine increased with every moment.

People thought he liked me, but I didn't know.  Things were left unsaid, and I wish we could just sit down and talk about what happened. I get so angry at him some times and I just want to go up to him and tell him how angry he made me. After all I never made fun of him, I respected him, and I liked him. I was patronized by a couple people saying ' Why do you like him?' 'I don't know why anyone would like him', or even by his and my friends.

 My best friend Ryan understood me. She recognizes my thought process, my feelings, and most importantly  who I am. She understood why I liked hi, and why I got so angry with people. So whether he liked me or not, this sparked a newly discovered controversy...

**FLASHBACK**

"The right of my friends and others to judge me based on who I like!", Peighton exclaims.

 Ryan, with a upsetting look on her face, says, "I know how frustrated you are Peighton," she sighs, "they shouldn't judge you or him. You two would be so cute together and its his loss."

 Peighton turns her head to the desk in the back of the room where Nathan was seated. Peighton turns her head back to Ryan and in a low murmur says, "If only he felt the same."

 The bell rings and everyone gets up to leave. Nathan walks by Peighton with his friend Cody and turn and laugh at her.

"That's why you shouldn't like him. I will talk to you later, I love you." -Ryan

Ryan walks away from Peighton, and Kenzie walks to her.

 "Hey girl, you ok?"

 "Yea I am fine. Want to walk with me to my locker?"

 "I would be happy to!"

The two girls walk away from the classroom and head towards their lockers. Kenzie tells Peighton that she will meet her at her locker.

Nathan is with a popular girl named Katie. In a low murmur by Peighton's locker they exchange a suspicious conversation.

"Go Nathan"

 "Why?"

 "Just go ask her already!" Katie is now talking in a nearby shout.

 "I can't ask her. I just can't."

 " Why? If you like her you like her! Don’t listen to what Cody and everyone else say! Just because she isn't in ‘our friend group’ doesn't mean you can't date her."

  **back to reality**

 When I heard that my heart sank. Katie was right, but Nathan was also right in a weird way. I knew I wouldn't fit into his friend group. I was shy and reserved, yet I was outgoing among my friends. When I was with Nathan I could completely be myself. His laughter filled my soul, his smile warmed my heart, and yet when he turned and laughed at me his laugh caused a different feeling. A feeling of hatred, sadness, and loneliness.