Chapter 33

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 33

Zoya's POV

            James opened the door. It was Daniel. I hope he won't think of it as weird, finding Jake and me here. He didn't say anything about it, but he was a bit shocked when he saw that we're here. James and he joined Jake and me in the living room. We laughed and joked for a while. Jake kissed me. I was kissing with him when Daniel stood up, took the phone from the table and started recording. He laughed. We broke our kiss at the sound of his and James's laughter.

            "Daniel!", I screamed: "Stop! Delete it!".

            He said: "Ok, but first I want to see it again.", he was laughing.

            All of us laughed at him. I tried to take the phone from him, unsuccessfully. He started to search for the video, and pressed 'play'. A few seconds later he got serious, turning to James.

            "What the fuck, James? You kissed my girl?!", he screamed angrily.

            Oh shit! All of us became serious instantly. Daniel and I have the same phones, he must have took my phone and it's the video of the premiere show! Dina is going to kill me!

            "What? No!", James screamed defending. Daniel waved with the phone, showing the video to James.

            James looked at the phone shortly and said with slightly lower voice: "Yes. Yes, I did.". Daniel looked at him angrily, gridding his teeth.

"But that was almost 6 months ago! And it was a show. I'm sorry, we didn't tell you because we didn't want to hurt you.", James continued quickly. Daniel was shocked.

            "What?! I'm sorry, did you just say 6 months ago?? So you knew each other! And you pretended the other day when I introduced you!?", he paused a bit.

            James wasn't sure what to tell him, so he just said: "Yea, we knew each other. I noticed how shocked Dina was when I opened the door, then she reached her hand towards me, and I understood what she wanted.".

            "Was that kiss just for the show, or there was something more between the two of you?", Daniel asked waving the phone again. James got a little nervous. 'Oh, God! They're going to have a fight!', I thought.

            "That one was for the show. But there was something more between Dina and me. We started dating after that and we've been together for 4 months. And then Jenny appeared and Dina broke up with me. The same day I was sent on an assignment. When I got back, you were already dating Dina. She didn't want to hurt you, so she pretended she didn't know me.", James said explaining everything to Daniel. I was afraid that they'll have a fight, but luckily, they didn't. Phew!

            "Oh, God... I understand... I'm so sorry bro, I didn't know she was your girlfriend. You know I'd never be with her if I knew. I'm really sorry.", Daniel said and hugged James.

            "So that's why she was so quiet that night!", Daniel said louder pulling out of the hug.

            A few seconds later Daniel continued: "And, you're the guy she couldn't get over!". He smiled.

            James was shocked: "What?".

            "We'll talk about it some other time. I have to go now.", Daniel said suddenly. All of us made a deal we won't say anything to Dina until she comes back. No need to worry her. Daniel said he'll tell her in the right moment.

            "Ha! It runs in the family, huh bro?", Daniel smiled to James and went to the front door.

            Before he opened the door, James said: "Oh and, bro, one more thing you should know.". Daniel turned around and waited for James to speak.

            James said: "Well, you should also know that I knew Jake from earlier too. He is my best friend. I introduced him and Zoya, actually.".

            Daniel smiled and said: "I figured you must have knew each other. It's ok. Don't worry. Everything will be ok.". He opened the doors and went away.

Dina's POV

            I spent the whole day in the hotel yesterday. James sent me an SMS in the morning, saying: "Good morning! :) ".

            We talked for a while. I love him so much, and it kills me that we can't be together. He has to be with Jenny and the baby, and I am with Daniel now. I didn't want to hurt Daniel. He was also a great guy. Yesterday was a long day for me. I stayed in bed the whole day, I was too weak to go out. I fell asleep a few times during the day.

            My alarm woke me up today early in the morning. I have to go to get the test results and then I'm going home. It's Zoya's birthday today. I've sent her an SMS with birthday wishes. Slowly dragging myself out of the bed, I took a shower and got ready to go out. An hour later I was in the doctor's office, waiting in line again. Waiting to talk to the doctor and hear my test results. I was a little scared of what I'll hear. One minute lasted long as if it was a whole hour. Then finally, the doctor called for me.

            I went inside, greeting the doctor. He pointed at the chair for me to sit. I sat down, looking at him. He looked seriously at me.

            "Miss Reid, I have some bad news.", he said.

            "I thought so.", I said simply, breathing out a sigh and shrugging my shoulders.

            He smiled slightly and then said: "No! It's nothing that dangerous, nothing that couldn't be solved with medications. Your tests showed you have a critically low level of iron in your system. But it could become dangerous if you don't treat it. This critical level of iron could be because of stress and depression, or both, and not eating regularly. I'll give you some medications and you'll have to take 2 every 8 hours. And you'll have to take them for two months. Then you should come here to make the test again. So we could decide if you should continue taking the medications or not.".

            "Of course. Thank you, doctor.", I said with a relief.

            I also told him that I was working out a lot in the past two months and that maybe I over-worked myself. He agreed and we talked some more. Then I spread my hand in front of me to shake his again. He gave me the prescription and my test results and I went out. I went to the hotel to get my bag. My phone battery dropped dead. I forgot to charge it last night. There was no time to charge it now. I'll survive without it until I get home.

            I took my stuff and went to the station. I sat down on a bench, waiting for the train. It leaves at 11 am. The trip seemed longer today. For a while I starred at a piece of paper the doctor gave me. Then I read a book, and listen the music on my MP3 player, just to keep myself awake. I decided that I'll go to Daniel's place first. He didn't know I'm coming. I knew he had a free day today. I really needed to talk to him.

            I got out of the train and walked towards Daniel's building, thinking what I'll say to him. I walked through a long hallway to his front door and stopped in front of them, lowering my travel bag on the floor. I spread my hand in front of me wanting to knock on the door. I heard some noises inside and paused for a second, with my hand still in the air, leaning closer to the door to hear what's going on inside.

            I couldn't believe what I was hearing: "Oh, God... Daniel! You're so good! Oh, Daniel!".

            My hand fell sloppily to my side, I was shocked. I started to run away from the door, wanting to go out. I was betrayed once more.