Chapter Seventeen

Josephine

"Can't I just, like, go for a walk or something?" I groan and he casts me a sideways look.

"No."

"Theo." I whine and he sighs. "How can you just expect me to just sit here and watch you work all day? This is absurd!" I shift, getting frustrated, in the fluffy chair he told me to sit in. He glances up at me from where he's sitting in his extremely large leather chair behind the huge desk covered in papers.

"I can't trust my pack members around you when you're unmarked." He says, practically dismissing me as he looks back at the computer and continues his typing.

"Oh stop being so dismissive and focus on me for a second." I snap and he raises an eyebrow at the screen before turning his head to me. "Just let me leave. Please."

And it must be the please that gets him because his eyes soften. He looks at me sitting curled up in the chair and then he looks back at his screen.

"Come here, baby." He beckons and I glare at him. He purse his lips at me. Oh no. He's not playing around.

I get up and do as I'm instructed. Once I'm close enough he frowns at me some more. I shriek when he reaches out and pulls me down on his lap. I struggle for a second or two until I finally give up. He's like a million times stronger than I am.

"You wanna let me mark you now?" He murmurs as he runs his nose along my neck. I shiver and he smirks against my skin.

"N-no." I try and he growls.

"How about we try for a yes next time I ask?" He says and I shake my head.

"Or maybe you could stop bossing me around?" I suggest and he growls deeper.

"I don't want to hear a no from your mouth again, Josephine. Especially if its directed towards me." He snarls and his growling chest vibrates against mine. I try to lean away but he growls more. "Josephine, please." God, I hate when he begs. It makes me feel so horrible and guilty and just ugh!

"What do I gain from letting you mark me, Theo?" I question instead of saying no like he advised me not to. He tilts his head and kisses my neck.

"You'll be mine." He kisses along my jaw. "And you'll be able to prance around in front of my men like a worm on a fishing pole without them being able to touch you." He presses his lips to my collar bone, and then his voice drops lower. "We'll be able to mate."

He finally kisses the spot he's supposed to mark me and I hold back my moan. His lips need to move away from my skin right now.

"Yeah I'm still not sure about it." I shy away.

"Please." He says and I can tell it's the last time he's going to say that word on this topic. He's done begging me to let him mark me. He turns me around on his lap so I'm facing him.

Without waiting for a response, he kisses back up my neck, along my jaw, and moves across my cheek. His lips are dangerously close to my lips. When he moves in to kiss me, I pull back a tiny bit as if to tease him. He growls at me.

"You're being so difficult." He manages to growl out. I smile and he takes that opportunity to kiss me. I still for a second as he presses his lips to mine. Then I snap to as he gets me to open my mouth with his tongue. I move my lips against his. He smiles into my mouth.

I clutch his shoulders as he kisses me, but then his mouth moves down back to my neck. I can't manage to stop him when he exposes his now lengthened teeth to the spot. He squeezes my hips as if asking me if it's alright for him to proceed. At this point, I'm not sure I have it in me to stop him.

Without a second thought, I swallow hard and nod my head. He growls softly in approval before taking a deep breath. When his teeth puncture my skin, I bite my lip hard as pain races through my body. I try to get away from the source of the pain but he holds me still.

After a few seconds of complete pain, a sense of not exactly pleasure, but not pain either, washes over me. My fingers loosen on his shoulders and the tension in my body leaves. He pulls away from me after just a few more seconds. The mark throbs.

"Are you okay, baby?" He kisses the tears from my cheeks. "I didn't hurt you too much, did I?"

"Well," I take a deep breath, "it kinda hurts."

"Aw, Josephine, baby girl, I'm sorry." He coos at me, wiping the blood from my neck. "It only hurts so much because I went deeper than I should have. I couldn't help it. You just, I just, I really needed to. I had to, baby."

"It's barely even hurts, Theo." I assure him, but he doesn't even hear me. He leans down and kisses the bloody wound multiple times before cupping my cheeks and kissing all over my face.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise."

"Alpha Lupine?" Jason calls from the other side of the office door.

Theo snarls loudly at Jason for interrupting us. He kisses me on the head softly and fixes my hair before picking me up and setting me back down in the fluffy chair. He cleans the blood away from my mark before opening the office door. Jason steps inside, and his eyes widen when he see me.

"Sorry to disrupt you Alpha." He says apologetically to Theo before nodding at me. "Luna."

"Hey, Jason." I smile, wiping quickly at my eyes to fix my makeup from the tears. Theo frowns at my action but turns to Jason.

"What do you need, Jason?" He asks, his voice deep and snippety. Jason glances at me and then back at Theo. Theo nods his head at Jason as if giving him approval to speak in front of me.

"The rogues are out of control again."