My Heart

"Hello Dr. Jones."

"Nurse Belle I need you in my office as soon as possible."

"Yes sir." I replied before hanging up.

I was scared out of my wits I had never been called into the bosses office but I have seen people go in. They always came out in tears.

"Penelope I need you to monitor baby Rose. Her oxygen levels keep dropping." I said to the nearest nurse.

She nodded her head while I walked out the room.

When I got to my bosses office I knocked on the door and waited for him to come in.

"Have a seat Ms. Belle. I've just received a call from your doctor. I was informed that you were suppose to be on bed rest until the middle of your second semester also that you weren't suppose to work until after the baby was born. Do you mind telling me why I wasn't aware of this?" He asked sitting down.

"I have no idea the doctor in Miami said he sent you an email regarding my status."

"I very rarely check my email, why didn't you inform me?"

"I feel well I didn't think my health was an issue anymore."

"As of today you are on medical leave. I don't want to see you grace these halls until it is time for your little one to come out. Your doctor also told me that if you keep going the way you are you will be at a higher rate to gain preclampsia."

I was upset as I stood out of my seat.

"Also you are on bed rest from the minute you get home, it will now last until the middle of your third trimester."

"What?" I nearly shouted.

"Ms. Belle you have been working knowing you were suppose to be on bed rest. Preclampsia can lead to eclampsia which causes seizures and death. Not only are you endangering your life but the life of your child's as well. I have no problem with a working mother but when that working starts to affect the child and mothers well-being that's where the difference of opinion comes in. I'll see you in 8 months Ms. Belle." He stated leaving no room for arguement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Yo ass better be laying down I will be over in the morning."

"Yaz I can not do this I love myself and my baby but this staying in the bed is not my thing."

"Because you're so use to being busy all day you don't know what to do with yourself."

Just as I prepared to answer my door bell rung.

"Who the hell is that?"

"Yazmine you are not my daddy," I said pulling my door open.

In front of me stood Quincy gawking at me. His eyes roamed my figure before stopping at my belly. Since I was at home I had on just one of Quincy's old tanks and some leggings.

This time he caught me slipping

"Yaz I might have to call you back."

But before I could hang up Quincy snatched the phone from my hand.

"Yaz!"

I turned around to go back in when Quincy grabbed my wrist. Looking at me, he nodded to whatever she was saying.

"Bet. I got this over here." He said before hanging up.

"How long were you planning on hiding this from me?" He asked with an incredulous look on his face. "Did I fuck up that bad that you were willing to hide our child from me?"