Chapter four

~Crystal pov

Big mistake. As soon as we reached the top our 'father' was there and growling. "Where you going?" He asked harshly. I whimpered. Oops. His head snapped towards me. He smelled of alcohol. "You," he points at me. "It's your fault she's gone. All your fault it SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU NOT HER!" He raises his voice with each word. I whimpered again. He took a threatening step towards us. We took one back until we were by the stairs edge. I turn around to see that Carly and Alex were at the bottom of the stairs looking around for something. They start to go back where we came from in the back f the basement.

I turn back around to see that he had his arms out with a knife. Tears started to flow down my face with out my permission. Austin and Kat turned around to see me crying. 'Dad' took their distraction to shove them down. As they start to fall i grab their arms to only go down with them. i hear a whoosh of him releasing the knife. then i felt a piercing pain in my back where my lungs are. we make it to the bottom of the stairs. That's when Alex and Carly come back and threw something at our 'father'.

Austin scrambles into a kneeling position and looks at me. I was wheezing trying to get air in my lungs. Which isn't working. "Crystal are you OK?" Alex asked. i glared at him with a 'does it look like I'm OK' look. i try and try to get air in my lungs, but it hurts every time i inhale. i feel someone touch the knife. they pull it out quickly and i open my mouth to let out a silent scream of pain.

"Shit sorry Cris." Austin says with worry. i nod my head with the tears flowing non stop. I was willing for the darkness to take me. But it wouldn't come. after a few minutes the darkness came and i let it come with open arms.

~Alex's pov

Crystal ran from Carly and down the stairs we started to call and go after her. I notice she was limping. It made my wolf growl and me. why would someone what to her she was so sweet and kind and caring. She would make a great Luna. She ran down Some stairs to her....basement i think. We followed. She ran to two limp figures, one was already getting up and the other stayed down.

She started to do some gestures with her hands and the chick she was next to nods "yeah next time i'm staying by you when you end up with the pack doctor." she cracks a smile. Crystal giggled then stop and stared at the boy once i got closer. She looked around and grab a bottle of water and a cloth. She poured some of the water on her and then on the cloth. she started to clean the boys wounds with love and worry in her eyes.

I growled lowly, she shouldn't look at any man like that except me. she looked at me then back at the unconscious boy. When he hissed out in pain as soon the cloth touches his skin. He stared at her as she finished the little cuts and moved onto the gash on his head. He reaches up and holds her hand to his head with the cloth and his face has pain written all over it. I was fighting with my wolf who want to rip this guy to shreds for touching his mate.

Once Crystal finished cleaning his injuries, he got up and grabbed a shirt. "how do i look besides a hot mess?" he asked Crystal after doing a 360. she giggled and gave two thumbs up. "good. lets go." he grabs her hand and the girls that looks like him. Carly and i followed behind they went first up the stairs and stopped we stayed down the stairs.

When a voice from upstairs came down to our ears. "Where you going?" a voice asked harshly. i heard crystal whimper. then "You, it's you fault she's gone. All your fault it SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU NOT HER!" the voice yells crystal whimpers again.

"Alex we need to get something to help them." Carly whispered. i nodded and we started looking. Carly and i started to retrace our steps and found a silver knife.

"perfect." Carly grabbed the knife. We heard tumbling and ran to the stairs. On the stairs is the boy, girl, and crystal tumbling down the stairs. When the man at the top threw something and hit Crystal. Carly threw the knife as the others came to a stop on the ground.

I looked at Crystal to she had a knife in her back and it looks to have gone and punctured her lung. As she was wheezing trying to get air. "Crystal are you ok?" i asked. She came mea 'does it look like i'm ok' look. Then the boy pulled the knife out and Crystal open her mouth but no sound came out.

"Shit sorry Cris." the boy said with worry. She just nodded and had tears streaming down her face non stop.

Finally she just collapsed onto the ground from her hands and knees. The boy picked her up. "Austin is she ok?" Carly asked the boy.

"She should be but we need to leave." He looked at the girl saying the last part.

She nodded, "ill go get our stuff." she left.

"Carly can you help by going to make sure that He is far away from us. Since Kat went upstairs, Alex go with her and move his body t the second floor and hurry i don't think that knife is going to keep him down for long." he said. Carly grabbed my hand and we did what we were told.

««««««««««««««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

A picture of Alex