Chapter 1 ~ Trixie Anastasia Quinn

I never wanted to leave; I never wanted to go to school or meet people my own age. I was content where I stayed, in the cold dark abyss of the southern section of Gotham city. I lived with, well technically my mother and my father, though father was more of the boss and I associated him with a different name: The Joker. Mother was a dits, she never noticed how annoyed Father was with her, she was called Harleen Quinzel. More commonly known as Harley Quinn.

Me? I was Trixie Anastasia Quinn. I went by Trixie, actually I hadn't heard my full name aloud since I was about three. My hair wasn't green like fathers, though I did adapt to their makeup choices. White face paint coated my face, black around my eyes, and blood red lips. I did not wear clown outfits, I mostly dressed in a comfortable black jumpsuit and never let my blond hair out of it's tight braid. The people of Gotham mostly knew me as The Joker's Daughter, I supposed Trixie Quinn never stuck.

"Get out of my way!" Joker shouted, shoving Harley aside roughly as he made his way into the warehouse. So I guessed the plan didn't work out so well.

"Aw, puddin' it's no ones fault the Batman showed up," Harley said, hugging his arm. He glared at her for a long moment before grabbing ahold of her arms and shaking her roughly.

"It's your fault! You had one job, is that too much for you?"

I never blamed Joker for getting all worked up with Harley all the time, she was really annoying. And she couldn't take a hint. I didn't even know why he kept her around, she wasn't much use; she was a screw up, even. She did more damage than good, and she was a bit over the top with her obsession with the joker. Maybe he kept her around because he changed her, she was like a trophy. She was an honorable psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum when the Joker created the crazy chick she was now.

"This is why we leave Harley behind to feed the hyenas," I sighed and rolled my eyes. Joker looked at me as he threw Harley to the ground. "And this is why you let me go next time instead."

"It was too risky, if we get caught you're the only one capable of busting us out. Other than that I would have much rather had you than Harley-screw-up." He growled. Harley looked as if she was about to cry. "Maybe you two should switch jobs. Next time Trixie will come with me, and Harley will stay behind and bust us out if we get caught. Though she'll find a way to screw that up too, I'm sure."

"Hey...." Harley said as if she was about to stomp her foot and pout. "I'm a real catch, you know that?"

"Harley, do the world a favor and shut the hell up, for god's sake!" Joker shouted at her yet again. Harley finally caught on that talking right now wasn't the brightest idea.

"So how did Harley screw up this time?" I said as I slid onto the end of the desk Joker was working on. Luckily I didn't knock any papers off or get in his way, he was in a bad enough mood as it was. It was kind of stupid of me to remind him of her mistake, but I was curious.

Joker glared at me as I sat on the edge of his desk, as if warning me not to test him. "She was supposed to distract him, that was her one job. She led him to me as I was about to destroy the bank with the brat boy wonder there with some rich civilians." Joker was infuriated as he thought of Harley's major screw up.

"It was an accident! I thought he'd hurt you, puddin'!" Harley pouted.

"You're not smart enough to distract the Batman, you imbecile!" He slammed his hands down on his desk and tightened his fists as if he was imagining choking Harley. I smirked and jumped off of his desk.

"It's the Batman, you're never going to out-plan him." I said as I smirked.

"You'd better have a goddamn point for saying that."

"What I'm saying is... he always expects the unexpected. So you have two options, keep getting your ass handed to you; or do the expected--and the expected of a criminal is for you to lay low." I shrugged. "Get him from where it really hurts him, like that boy blunder of his. If you really want to hurt him, do it on a more personal level, and don't shout it to the heavens like you always do."

"And how, do you suppose, we do that?"

"Let's do something big. Let's make all the people of Gotham remember why they fear the Joker. Blow up the bridges. Don't let them escape. Sure the Batman will save the day but give him an impossible option, make him choose between the people of Gotham and the people of Gotham. He'll never be able to save them all. You once tried to prove to him what humans are capable of... let's re-inspire that."

"And on a personal level... we'll send you to school."

"Excuse me?" I stopped pacing dead in my tracks and whipped around with a questioning expression. "Did I hear you correctly? Are you really that mad?"

He threw his head back and laughed. "Obviously the boy blunder is educated. Find him, get to know him, crush him. And distract him while we work out the kinks in my brilliant plan. Perhaps Harley will be of use to us after all..." He looked at her and smiled. She lifted her head up in hopes she could do something right. "Distract the Batman. And this time, do it right. Trixie and I will be busy planning, but if all of us 'lay low', it will cause some... suspicion, if you will. Do a few things, have some fun," Joker said as he put his arm around her shoulder and smiled. Harley looked frightened, as if he might hit her. Surprisingly... he didn't. "Go get Ivy, Riddler, go have a ball and cause a mess. Maybe Scarecrow as well."

"But Ivy and Scarecrow are in Arkham, and Riddler is a know-it-all."

Joker closed his eyes tensely in frustration and raised his hand as if he were about to slap her. He stopped himself and smiled, forcing on patience. "Figure something out. Take the hyenas with you if you want.

"Okay," Harley giggled annoyingly. "BABIES." She called and the two hyenas she'd adopted came running with her out the door as she kart-wheeled.

"School? With normal people? You've got to be joking. I don't even have any clothes other than this outfit. And who do you expect to act as my parents? You're an idiot."

Joker reached his hand back and hit me clear across my jaw, with enough force to knock me to the ground. This wasn't unusual, but he usually only hit Harley. I held a hand to my cheek silently and stood up.

"You may be more effective than Harley, but don't get too cocky. Monday you'll be in school. I'll get one of the goons to play your parents, and the school I'm thinking of supplies the outfits..."

"No, not the Northern Gotham Academy..."

"Oh yes. Think about it, the Batman would get his little pups the best education possible. You're going there, and you're figuring something out. Find Robin. Crush him."

"And if he's not there?"

"He will be."

"That's not a crucial part of the plan, I mean--"

"My dear, it was your brilliant mind that thought up the personal hit."

I wanted to oppose, but Joker's mind was set. I guess I was going to school.