Chpt 14. Heart attack

I'm so so sorry guys!!  

I had a crazy holiday and then my phone was disconnected and, well a bunch of stuff happened to me this week. 

I hope you like this chapter, is not as long as the others but I'll try to uptade sooner

Vote/Comment/Fan

Avril's POV

"Grandpa calm down" I begged again

My pleas were ignored. Grandpa kept ranting and talking with himself about how his daughter lied to him, and how my dad stole her away from him, etc.

"Honey" Layla pleaded with me "Listen to your granddaughter"

My Dad sighed loudly. I gave him a look, why was he just standing there? This was his mess to solve, not mine. And who knows what they were arguing about.

"What did you tell him?" I asked while my grandpa argued with himself

"I didn't even start" he protested "I just told him that it was your mother who didn't want him to know about me, because she wanted to protect him"

"Are you sure that's it?" I insisted knowing how my father was "Nothing else?"

"That's it" he assured

I turned around to face my grandpa; he was turning blue and tears threatened to flow down his cheeks.

"Grandpa" I protested softly while I tried to reach him

Grandpa stepped back and place a hand on his chest, his breathing turned accelerate and a pained expression crossed his face. I wraped my arms around him and I felt him give away all his weight on me while he groaned in pain.

"Grandpa!!" I gasped

Layla ran toward us and helped me to sit him on the couch. Dad kneeled beside us and took  grandpa's hand.

"He's cold" Dad said

"Marcus!" Layla cried when my grandpa started shaking

"... yeah, it looks like a heart attack" Dad said

I turned to look at him and I found him talking to the phone and giving the adress of the house. 

A couple of minutes later the ambulance arrived and took grandpa to the hospital. 

We were waiting anxiously outside his room, the doctors didn't let us in, not even Layla. 

I was biting my nails in desperation, how long will they wait to tell us he was okay?

It was my fault. I should have stayed at home, I should be a good girl and give my poor grandpa some peace. I guess this was the reason why my mom never wanted to tell him about my dad, because she feared this.

"Avril!" Caleb's voice startled me

Caleb, Cloe and Cameron were coming down the hallway. Cameron was the image of worry, and Cloe, well she looked worried too but a little mad as well. Cameron ran toward Layla and pulled her into a hug.

"What happened?"He asked "Why didn't you call me earlier?" 

Caleb came to me and gave me a one side hug and a kiss on the head. I barely aknowledge him when I notice the glare that Cloe was giving to my Dad.

"What is this doing in here?" she made a disgusted face

"Cloe" Layla interrupted "He is your cousin's father. Your uncle"