I. Brother...Bother...Hater...Lover?!

"Did you ever felt that people whom you love just stay by your side because of pity and not love at all?"

"Hahaha...don't say words like an old man...it's not suitable to a gorgeous guy like you my dear..." a blonde woman about her early forties but considerably a beauty, on her wheel chair said chuckling. She was Eliza Armspear. Elliot immediately attracted to her because somehow their circumstances were way too similar. He could not describe the feeling but he was sure it wasn't a love between a man and a woman.

"Yeah...kinda...well, missy we must go inside now...cold weather isn't good for you." Elliot said with a smile.

"No not at all, deary, I felt a lot stronger outside than my room...and please don't treat me as a full handicapped person..." she frowned.

"Sorry, I forgot that we're the same...okay so I just have to do this because I know you need it..." Elliot in commanding position.

"Hahaha...I like that...hahaha" the woman had the problem in stopping in her laughing, "...thanks, Elliot...you're the only one that understands me...I can go in my own room now, you need to relax a bit..." she smiled as she rolled her wheel.

Elliot Vender was her personal aid. By the way, Elliot decided to reside in Canada after hearing a huge hospital in Vancouver that dealt with dying patients and volunteered to help. The Hospital was White Hope Hospital its owner was a young billionaire who happened to have a father dying in cancer as a memorial the son decided to helped people in the same circumstances to alleviate their pain. He was Dr. Charlie White. He was thirty-six years old. A kind and handsome doctor who personally assist his patients.

"Hey, El...how's your day?" Dr. Charlie asked while tossing a piece of sandwich towards Elliot.

"Great...hey you supposed to do a surgery, right now...uhmm...dilly-dallying eh?" Elliot caught the food and smiled.

"Yeah...tell that again, oh yeah...I got to tell you something...the woman in your assistance...Ms. Armspear...I found out about her relatives I am supposed to write them a letter to come here..." the doctor stopped talking when he saw Elliot's glaring.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING...DOCTOR...SHE WENT HERE BECAUSE SHE WOULDN'T WANT HER RELATIVES TO WORRY ON HER AND YOU TELLING ME YOU JUST WANTED TO WRITE..." he stopped when one of the nurses approached them hastily.

"Dr. White, Mr. Vender, your patient in room 3B just died!"

Elliot was shocked the woman was okay earlier when he left her and was laughing and now she's dead.

They went immediately. The result after the autopsy, she died in complication of heart attack. He had a stage 4, Bronchi cancer.

Elliot was hurt to see death in his own eyes because soon it will also fall to him.

Meanwhile one of the maintenances, clean up the woman's room when an old small paper that had been showered by drops of water, which dried up, flew from the floor. He read it.

PITY

"I felt you stay because of pity 

I'm dying not because of illness 

But those kindness that looks at me with audacity  

I don't need your pity or benevolence  

I just want the 'you' who loved me 

I don't need the false security 

I just want the 'you' and 'me' 

I don't need the care without meaning 

I only want to hear that I'm your everything... 

Please, tell me I'm not a burden... 

That I'm not making your life a huge den... 

I only...wanted to be with you... 

And for you to have me that will do 

I just...I just want to feel of being love... 

And not the look of pity from your visage...

'To my beloved, Errol Roberts' Eliza...

After reading, he sighed and went to Dr. White's office.

"Hey, Doc...remember, what you're talking to me before...about her relatives...you can call them...and if ever you know an Errol Roberts dude told him to come over too."

Dr. White was confused but then he did so.

-----------

During the burial of Eliza Armspear, a lot of her relatives mourned.

"A lot of people love her...thinking of it...when I die...will someone cry for me?" Elliot thought but he guess...none. He was a black sheep in the family and a total bully towards his friends. He shrugged but a bit aching. He thought of his brother Jason when someone arrived hastily. The guy even pushed Elliot off.

The guy was crying. He could never believe that Eliza already died. Elliot found out that it was Errol Roberts her fiancé. Elliot approached him and handed the small paper that she left.

"I'm...sorry...Iza..." was all Errol could utter.

"Regrets...what can regrets do..." Elliot smug and went off.

--------------

After a few months, Elliot's condition worsens. His malignant brain tumor severely affecting his cerebral hemisphere.

Elliot was looking at the ceiling thinking that he will die in any time soon.  

"What will be my regrets..." he sighed, "...I wasn't able to see him again for the last time."

"Hey...you sure aren't thinking of an operation? I mean you're prepared in dying then why not undergo to the operation..." Dr. Charlie White came in and started to convince again Elliot to undergo an operation, which distracted Elliot from his reminiscence.

"Hahaha! Very funny! Prepared in dying...huh..." Elliot replied.

"Look, Elliot,...don't be so stubborn..." Dr. white stopped talking when Elliot uttered something.

"Arl...thanks...for everything..." he smiled.

----------------

Meanwhile, Jason hadn't known what happen to his brother. His address in Britain was a hoax. He regretted what he had done to him. But the fact still remains. They were brothers.

Two years had pass, Jason still grieved over his brother. He went back to America to attend a burial of his stepmother and his father. Elliot's mom and their father. They died when the luxury cruise they were boarding on sank by a terrible underwater tornado in the Mediterranean. Then the more shocking news stunned him.

All the inheritance was named on him even before Elliot wasn't missing.

"Hey...what was the meaning of this." He asked their family lawyer Conrado Hepolito.

"Oh, the last will and testament? It was stated as it is."

"I mean their sons, I had a brother...why didn't they give..."

"You mean your adopted brother?"

"Adopted?"

"Yes, he also had given an estate but since his whereabouts had been uncertain all being named temporarily after you. Do you have any questions?" Attorney Hepolito asked congenially.

"No, thank you..." Jason left and still stuck on the word "adopted."

----------

Enjoy! =^o^=