Zayn One-shot for Mallorymascarade

WARNING, CONTAINS SEX. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT-DON'T. I warned you. :) 

~*~*~*~*~ 

I woke up to the sound of blue jays making an awful screeching sound outside my window. Rolling over, I opened my eyes only to be blinded by sunlight. "Oh. My. Gosh," I groaned, and buried my face in my silk-covered pillow.

No, today will be a good day. I thought to myself. Nothing will go wrong. I got this.

I opened one eye so it would adjust to the sunlight, and threw my covers off.

"Princess Mallory! Time to wake up!" My maid, Miss Lucy, threw my door open. She has taken care of me since I was a baby when my parents were too busy. She was a frail thing; hair all white, and a face full of wrinkles, but she was the kindest person I knew.

"Today's a big day!" She said in a sing-song voice, tossing the curtains open ever more. I wrinkled my nose. A big day? It was...the 11th. Of November. What was so special about that?

Miss Lucy wasted no time ushering me out of bed. "Let's run you a bath, darling! Your mother will explain at the afternoon tea!" I made an unintelligible sound, acknowledging that I heard her and walked into the bathroom. I looked around my bathroom with a satisfied smile. Being a princess really had its perks.

The entire bathroom was marble, with rich gold handles and blood red accents. It was simply stunning. Miss Lucy had followed me in, and was now running a bath for me. "Vanilla or strawberry?" She asked holding up two different jars.

"Vanilla." I smiled softly. She poured some into the bath, and swirled it around. After she dried off her hands, she clapped them twice. "Okay! After your bath, make yourself presentable, and go meet with the Queen to...discuss some things." She smiled a secretive smile before giving me a pat on the back and leaving before I could question her.

Breathing in the sweet scent of vanilla I stripped off my simple pink nightgown and quickly stepped into the bath. It wasn't what you expect from a normal bath; it was circular, and rimmed with gold. The water deep enough for me to sit upright and it would still come to my collar bone.

Content, I rested my arms behind me to support my head and relaxed. I started thinking about my life as a princess, and how soon I would be Queen when I married. I scrunched up my face at that thought. I didn't want to get married! And not to some random, stuck-up, snotty prince that I don't love. Eww. Stubbornly, I pushed that thought out of my head. I didn't want to think about that yet, so I thought about other things.

One thing led to another, and soon I drifted to sleep in the cocoon of my thoughts.

~ ~ ~

"Princess! Oh Lord! Princess, please wake up!" The air was on fire. That was my first thought. I dragged in breath after breath unable to stop it from igniting my throat. What was wrong with me? My eyelids pulled apart and I saw Miss Lucy's face above me. "What happened?" My voice rasped, painfully. She had tears in her eyes as she gave me a watery smile.

"You scared me so much! What were you doing Princess?! Falling asleep in the bath, like that? You could have died, dear!" She pulled me into a furious hug and I realized I was on the cold floor of the bathroom, dripping wet. Too tired to do much, I let Miss Lucy dress me in another nightgown and gently bring me to bed.

"Well," Miss Lucy started as soon as I was settled in bed. "After an hour or so, I came to check on you but you didn't answer my calls. When I entered the bathing room, you were under water! It mustn't have been for long though because I pulled you out and you started coughing up all the water immediately." She had fresh tears in her eyes as she finished, and she wrung her hands together nervously.