Chapter 26

Derek

The next day I figured out how to corner the Alverez brothers. I figured me and the boys would catch them after school. I caught sight of Dylan and had my boys surround him and his brothers. I knew they were strong, but they were outnumbered five to three. We had the advantage. Rafe glared at me.

"What do you idiots want?"

I threw on a lazy smirk and shrugged. "Just to pass on a little message."

"Oh? And what would that be?" Dylan spoke now.

"Stay away from Vanessa."

Tony chuckled. "That pussy can't even fight for himself?"

Dylan scoffed. "And if I don't?"

I guess we'll show you."

I lunged at Dylan, and he evaded my attacks with ease. I gritted my teeth in irritation. The fucker was smiling. I'm giving it all I got, and he's smiling. I glanced at the guys and glared.

"What the hell are you guys waiting for?"

Their eyes widened, and they hesitated before charging in. I realized my mistake as soon as I made it. I took my eyes off my fucking opponent! I could only let a loud curse as his fist made contact with my face sending me flying backward. I felt panic sink in as I noticed the boys were in bad shape. I stumbled to my feet and held my hands up in surrender. I wasn't going to get my face rearranged for Emmett.

"Look, this isn't my fight, and I honestly regret getting involved."

I clenched my jaw as the brothers laughed.

"I suppose you wouldn't mind sending a message for me then?"

"No, of course not," I said through gritted teeth.

Dylan stalked forward until he was right in front of me.

"Tell him, he can go fuck himself. And that the next time he tries to threaten me, he better come do it himself."

I nodded once before my head flew back. Fuck. The pain of the punch finally started to set in as my body crumpled to the ground. I closed my eyes and groaned. I knew this was a bad idea.