Chapter 18 - Pic of Jake / I'm into you by J.Lo video

• Dedicated to Anna Sykes

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 18

Dina's POV

            When James left for work, Zoya and I unpacked the most needed stuff for tonight. We will spend a lot of time here for the next year. We made a deal with Melanie we'll do some work for her here. So, basically, we had a job. We will be paid for it. That's one concern less to worry about. Making arrangements for her show was our job, and we loved it. She had a new crew for the show, so she didn't need me to act again. I remembered we went through the time change on our way to USA.

            I joked: "Zoya, we're time travelers! We got our 7 hours back!". Both of us laughed. Zoya and I were pretty tired, so we went to bed soon. We'll unpack the rest of the things tomorrow.

The next day...

Dina's POV

            It was 11:30 am when I woke up. Zoya woke up shortly after me. James has finished his work. He worked from 10 pm to 10 am, night shift. He sent me an SMS an hour ago, but I didn't hear it. I've decided I won't call or SMS him now, so that I don't wake him in case he sleeps. I'll SMS him later. For now, Zoya and I need to get familiar with our new home.

            We unpacked the rest of our stuff and put everything in the place where it belongs. Keeping everything tidy and clean. We entered our living room, and we noticed we had a fireplace attached to one of the walls. How did we miss it last night? I guess we were too tired.

            A few hours later, my phone rang. It was James. He was awake already. He asked if Zoya and I would like to go out with him. It was a karaoke night in a club not so far away. We said yes. He said he'll come over in an hour. He came over and we hang out in our place for a while. Then we got ready for the club, and went out.

            We arrived at the club soon and found a free table for us. James said that his friend Jake will join us too. The place was full, but it was nice anyway. It had a stage for a karaoke show. Zoya and James were trying to make me sing, when his friend came.

Zoya's POV

            James and I were trying to make Dina sing on karaoke. She was indecisive. And then, a heart dropping, breathtaking guy approached us. Well, at least, that's how I'd describe him. He had a short light brownish hair and hazel eyes, wearing a white shirt, black suit jacket and blue trousers. Looking casually. He was gorgeous. His hazel eyes were like my private ocean and I was drowning in them. He approached James.

            Dina pushed me with her left elbow when the boys weren't looking, leaning closer to me as she whispered: "ZoyToy, stop acting like you've ate all the idiots of the world. He's just a boy.".

            She smiled, wiggling her eyebrows. Is she serious? Just a boy?! Well, I guess he is, but he's such a hunk! All kind of thoughts started running through my mind. Wonder if he's seeing anyone. That thought made me frown a little. James started introducing us. Oh, now I'll know his name too! Good! I smiled to myself.

            James said: "Dina, Zoya, this is my best friend Jake Parker. Jake, this is my girlfriend Dina Reid, and her best friend Zoya Sheridan.".

            Jake! His name is Jake. He reached towards me with his hand, shaking mine, and then Dina's. When I felt his hand in mine, I almost melted. James said that Jake works as EMS (Emergency Medical Service), he drives an ambulance. Wow! How hot is that?! Dina went over to sit with James, and Jake sat beside me. We started to chat. He seemed interested in me too, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. At least, not yet.

            Dina got up, and went to the stage. She's going to sing! Yay! She sang 'I'm into you' by Jennifer Lopez. She was even dancing like Jennifer. James was eating her with his eyes. When she finished the song, a big round of applause roared through the club. Everyone loved how she sang. She came back to us, and James pulled her to sit in his lap, kissing her.

            Jake and I were embarrassed to look at them, so we turned to face each other and continued with our talk. Then he asked me to go with him to the bar. We left Dina and James alone, in their own world. When we got to the bar, he asked if I want a drink.

            He ordered for us and then he asked: "So... Are you taken or single?".

            "Single.", I replied simply.

            "Hmmm... Would you mind if I do this then?", he asked and leaned towards me slowly and kissed me.

            OMG! I couldn't believe it! I kissed him back, letting him know I didn't mind at all. And the next thing I know, we were in the restroom, drooling all over each other. Kissing like there's no tomorrow. We could barely breathe from our tongue exercise.

            "Wanna go out with me tomorrow?", he asked in between kisses, leaning his forehead on mine.

            I said: "Sure, why not.".

            We kissed a little bit more. A few minutes later, we chilled for a minute or two and when we were calm enough we went back to Dina and James. I don't think they even noticed we were gone. Even better!