Chapter Six

In my arms, lay our newborn son whose dark lashes fanned the top of his cheeks as he quietly slept. We had only gotten home forty minutes ago, and our son was only two hours old. I looked a mess, bloody between the thighs and barely wearing anything, but I didn’t care.

You would think by looking at Judd that our children would be quite large, ten pound plus babies. Not the case here. He was a little over 8 pounds, but long at 54cm. Finley was definitely going to have his daddy’s height as well as his dashing good looks.

Judd hadn’t left my side, if I thought he were possessive, and permanently glued to my side before, then I had seen nothing. He wasn’t taking an eye off of me, us. He was there, here and always close. 

“Are they sore?” Judd murmured softly, glancing down at my exposed breast.

Sleepily, I shook my head. “Not really, it was an unusual feeling though.”

Leaning over, he placed a soft kiss to my cheek, and then bent lower. His hand gently came up and cupped Finley’s small head and he planted three soft kisses to his forehead. It was beautiful to see this man, so in love with our baby.

We were alone in the bedroom, and Theo was still here along with Ty, and Steven. They weren’t leaving, Steven mostly wanted to keep checking on the baby and I. Judd only allowed it, due to my being a human and this was all new to them both. Ty, and Theo, were getting drunk on our behalf. I doubted Judd would be joining them.

“I should shower, he’s fast asleep,” I whispered, too afraid to speak up in case he woke. “Do you think I should?”

“You might feel better after showering, I’ll hold him and stay in the bathroom.” He wasn’t leaving me alone, and I loved it.

Glancing at Finley wrapped up in his blanket, I gave in and handed him over to his daddy. Judd took him with caution, but naturally. Tucking him between his strong arms. I finally made my way into our ensuite and turned on the water.

True to his word, Judd leant on the sink and watched me whenever his eyes were on our son. Lathering the conditioner into my hair, and then cleaning myself up between the thighs without looking. Blood still made me queasy, and my periods were going to be a pain to deal with again.

“Have you spoken to your mum?” I asked, wrapping a large fluffy towel around my body. Grabbing another to start drying my wet hair.

His eyes narrowed for a moment. “No. I don’t need to see anyone here.”

“What?” I dipped my brows. “So, are you going to still be the Alpha here?”

“I am the alpha, but I won’t be leading this pack.” His voice with complete seriousness in it.

I didn’t understand. “So nothing’s really changed, we’re just back here and you’re still hiding out?”

“I’m not hiding. We are back here, but I refuse to run a pack when you’re not respected. If they decide to change and submit without hesitation then I will consider leading, but right now? No, I have no desire to go and do that.”

“What about the men?” I asked, much quieter.

“Elle.” Judd sighed. “Drop it, please.”

I dropped it. Only because I already knew the answer. He wasn’t ready to take that type of control back. Finishing off drying my body, I slowly walked into the bedroom, and ruffled through the robe to find something to wear. Grabbing a maternity bra, I clipped that on and put in breast pads. As much as my husband may get a boner over the sight of my tits leaking milk, I didn’t want to wash sheets and change my clothing through the night. Going to the draw with my sleepwear, I put on a loose fitting top, and a pair of cotton boxer shorts. I couldn’t wait to fit into my normal clothing again.