Chapter 7

Tuesday, July 12, 2011. 3:43 pm.

Joshua brakes up with me.

            Wednesday, July 13, 2011. 6:53 pm.

I come home from work to find him with Ashton’s sister. Apparently, he couldn’t wait to get into her pants... What a great birthday present to me, huh?

            Thursday, July 14, 2011. 1:13 am.

I wake up to hear him and her sneaking out. Joshua has started doing drugs and alcohol.

            Friday, July 15, 2011. 7:00 am.

I walk into the bathroom to find Joshua passed out on the floor. I leave him there while I take a shower. I swear I could feel him staring at me, but I don’t care.

            Saturday, July 16, 2011. 12:57 pm.

I take Alexander out to lunch to try and cheer him up, only to run into Sam. Things turn for the worst.

It’s been weeks since Joshua and I broke up. Alexander has attempted suicide twice now. Each time, I;ve walked in and stopped him. I have to closely watch him. I quit my job after he dropped out of school. He quit going so he just dropped out. I keep telling him to take online classes. He wouldn’t have to deal with any peers or talking to teachers. He just shrugs me off, not talking. I haven’t heard him speak since we ran into Sam that one day. He just sleeps most of the day. He barely eats anything. Ashton comes over every day, but she spends more time with me since Alexander won’t even look at her. She hates that Joshua and her sister, whose name is Cadence by the way, are together. I change the subject whenever she brings it up. I can’t take it. My heart aches whenever I think about it. Joshua and I barely talk to each other. It’s more of a ‘hey’ and that’s it. I usually sit alone during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’ve basically lost all of my friends now.

There’s a knock at the front door. One of my maids answers it and a few moments later she walks into the room, “Master Shane, there are two people here who claim they know you. Shall I let them in?”

“Yes, you may,” I answer back. Next thing I know Steven and Alex walk into my room.

“Hey, Shane. You never said you were some rich little bastard!” Steven smirks.

“Oh my God, guys! What are you doing here?!” I jump up and hug them both. I haven’t seen them in so long!

“Surprise!” Alex exclaims jokingly. Both of them look so different now. Steven, once tiny and petite like Alexander, now has muscles and is now as tall as me. Alex cut is hair short and dresses in Abercrombie and Fitch.

“Where is everybody? We came here as soon as we could, after hearing that Joshua woke up from his coma,” Steven gapes at me.

“Um… about that…”

I told them everything that has happened. I told them how Joshua is dating a girl, how Sam dumped Alexander, and how Alexander has tried to kill himself twice. Both of them are dumbfounded. Steven walks out of my room after I tell him where Alexander’s room is. Alex tries to comfort me, but it really doesn’t help. Steven walks back into the room, pulling Alexander by his wrist.