xxiv.

I quickly turned away from her and squeezed my eyes shut, “No I’m not.” My whole body started to shake and it wasn't because of the freezer. My whole body actually felt really warm like I was getting a really, really hot shower. I was terribly uncomfortable and I felt sick in my stomach like I was going to puke.

“Don't hurt me.” I heard Emily whimper and I turned my head around to see her kneeling down and her arms around her. I turned around all the way and looked down at her confused because why would I hurt her? I stepped towards her and she cried out, “No! Stay back!”

“Emily, I'm not gonna hurt you.” I said. I jumped when the rogue wolf slammed real hard against the door and I turned around quickly, baring my teeth, “Go away! This is Alpha Lincoln territory and you have to leave! Now!” 

The wolf stopped and I heard him howling real loudly. My eyes widen since we were in a school! Does this wolf have no common sense? Apparently not. He isn't tamed, all sense is lost because he doesn't get that the secret important. He only cares about murder at the moment.

This sharp pain in my back came and I cried out in pain as I dropped to my knees. I leaned forward, the palm of my hands landed on the floor to catch myself. I saw my veins appearing and they turned black. I panicked. I got up and ran over towards the door. I tried opening it but it was locked. I couldn't get out from the inside way in.

“Killian!” I screamed loudly as I pounded on the door. “Killian! Blue! Nate!”

Killian

What made me stop writing my essay for Ancient Civilization class was this loud howling sound. My whole body froze and stiffened up. I stopped typing on the keyboards and I turned my head to look at Blue who was a few computers down from me. She was giving me the same surprised shocked look. Actually, the whole class had seemed to heard it.

“Oh God.” Blue said. “Mat!” We both quickly got up from the chairs and ran out of the room. Mr. Edwards tried to stop us and telling us to go back to our seats but we ignored him as we ran down the hallways. We stopped for a moment and tried to find her scent. I opened my senses and this strong odor smell hit me hard in the face. Blue gagged and closed her eyes, “This can't be happening—the cafeteria!” she said as we ran down the staircases and towards the cafeteria.

When we turned the corner we ran into someone real hard. I caught Blue just in time before she fell and Nate stared at us. We heard a growl and I turned my head around to see a wolf staring at us. Two other wolves appeared and none of them resembled Ramses.

“Oh shit.” Blue said. “Look at the size of them.”

They crouched in position and I pulled Blue behind us. All three of our eyes changed and we growled back at them but they didn't feel any threat from us.

“Leave.” Nate said coldly. “You wanna fight, lets do it in the woods. Don't risk all of our secret because of y’all.”

They growled at us and we stood our ground. The middle wolf then ran forwards towards us and I ran over to the fire alarm. I pulled it down and the loud siren sound rang loudly in the hallways. The wolf suddenly fell to the ground, whimpering and yelping in pain from the loud piercing sounds. We all crouch and fell to the ground because of it. The siren sound hurt our hearing and when I brought my hands up to my ears to cover them I could feel them bleeding. I opened my eyes enough to see the three rogue wolves get up, stumble over towards the large windows and jumped threw the glass.

Mat

I hadn't expect to hear the sounds of sirens go off and it only made things worse. I screamed as my hands came up to my ears before I got up and scratched at the walls, “Turn it off! Turn it off!” I lost control of my legs and I fell down to my side. I lifted myself up and saw Emily in the corner of my eyes. I turned to face her and she jumped, staying still. Her eyes widen as she looked at me and I dragged myself closer to her, “Emily—please, help me.”