Day Fourteen

Word Count: 2364

~Day Fourteen, Thrusday

Juliette sat up, gasping for air.

Where am I?

She looked frantically around the room, to see she was no longer alone in the cabin of the resistance, but in her and Jazz's old room. She sighed and slipped from bed, her feet finding the familar carpet.

"It was only a dream..." Juliette muttered softly to herself. Skinwalkers, she had never heard of them. She looked down to see she wasn't in her uniform, but a pair of black trackpants, and a blue shirt she had never seen in her life.

"What the-"

Juliette looked up, and screamed as she saw Ace, sitting on the edge of Jazz's old bed, his eyes on Juliette. She sighed and held her hand to her chest, feeling her rapid heart.

"You scared me," Juliette snapped, glaring at him. Ace chuckled.

"You look better this morning, the cut on your side has healed well," Ace informed her. Juliette's hand flew to her side, and when she pressed down, she felt a familar jolt of pain.

"So it was real... she murmered. Ace nodded.

"Your best bet, is to act innocent. You can't lie well if your life depended on it. What you need to do, is tell them that you saw something suspicious, followed it in and got lost. Make up anything you like, as long as it has nothing to do with your 'cousin' and baseball."

Juliette nodded.

"Try to make it realistic, say you slipped and cut yourself on a branch. Say it rained, you wer2e scared, couldn't find your way in the dark, anything that will take Jaxon's mind of the problem at hand," Ace ordered.

He picked up the uniform Juliette was wearing yesterday, and handed to her. A note was on top.

"First get down to the showers and do whatever you can to get that scent off you. It's not too strong, but it's enough, you do smell like the resistance."

Juliette noded again and picked up the note.

Juliette

I fixed the rip in your uniform, and washed it. Remeber what we told you.

Sophie.

Juliette sighed and put the note down.

"So who-"

Juliette broke off when she looked up, and noticed Ace was gone. She put the note down, before sizing Jazz's bed up. She really didn't like that thing.

Suddenly Juliette heard a strange noise coming from outside. Juliette stood and walked to the window, frowning slightly.

A large, black helicoper flew over the forest, heading out to the middle of it. Juliette watched it go.

Weird.

*

After a shower, Juliette decided to skip breakfast and go to her class for the day, which happened to be weapon handling with the Alpha King. She sat on the bleachers alone for awhile, thinking of any exuse that could come to mind.

Much to Juliette's luck, the first to saunter in happened to be Blaise. She cursed this apparent Moon Goddess, and watched his face light up at the sight of Juliette.

"You know everyones looking for you right? The King sent out a massive search party to scour the forest, helicopter, guns and all..." Blaise said, holding his arms out to show the prodigious extent of the search.