Chapter Two

"You're fired!" I heard from outside the closed office door.

"Aria, you did it! You got him fired!" Olivia screeched in my ear, jumping up and down my hands in hers.

"Yup.." I said, staring at the 'Office' sign that was taped to the door.

"Do you feel bad or something?"

To be honest, I slick do. I mean, he did nothing wrong. Could he go to jail for that shit? "Nope, not at all." I said, spinning on my heel to go the opposite direction. "Wait," I said, stopping in my tracks.

"Oh.." Olivia muttered, walking to her locker.

"Yea yea, pay up girl!" She handed me an envelope with six 100's, three 50's, two 20's, a 5, and four 1's. I counted, $799. "The hell is this?" I said, holding up the money.

"Eight hundred dollars, as promised."

"This ain't no eight hundred! You owe me a dollar." I fundamentally hollered in the partly vacant hall.

   "I- I- Hold on." she lamented. Rummaging around in her giant purse, big enough for two people to camp in, she pulled out a 5 and said, "I don't have a 1..." I snatched the 5 out her hand and walked my way. "Wait, I overpaid you..."

   "Oh? Thanks for the tip!" I swung around, my hair flying in the air. Simply, I could have gave her some money back. How much would that be... 4? Yea. I didn't feel like calculating that in my head so too late. I'm a bitch anyway. 

   I walked into former Mr. Lane's class and it was wild! His desk was flipped, papers plans, spit balls, and books were flying, broken pencils were laying around. Where is the sub?

   I rummaged throuugh the teacher's desk for any personal items like phones, money, laptops, or anything I could take and sell. Nothing, dammit. I didn't have feelings but I was actually going to miss him yelling at me, "Ms. Aria, get to your seat!" "Ms. Aria, put that down!" "Ms. Aria, spit out the gum!" All that... once he even lost his voice because of me.

"Aria," one girl tapped on my shoulder to get my attention. 

"What's up?"

"If he raped you, why'd you come to school today? Wouldn't you want to stay home and recover?"

   Busted.... "I soaked in a tub and drank. Plus, I had hours of sleep to recover. Anyways I had to come and report this shit to the principal. Now stay out my damn business."

"Sorry, it just seems so strange for a good man like him to do that."

   "Listen, I don't wanna talk about it anymore. Ok? Alright." And with that, I went to my desk to laid my head down. If anyone found out, I could get locked up! I think. But no one will know, they just can't.

   The noise was making my head spin so I shot up out my desk and walked outside. Those three people from the party were waiting infront of my locker. Damn. I turned around but not quick enough...

  "Hey!" That emo girl from Mr. Lane's party yelled, her voice echoing in the hall and around the corners.

"Yes ma'am?" I sarcastically responded.

   "Pay up!" She gestured for me to go up to her. I pulled out my money and gave them each a 100 dollar bill. "You're welcome!" I bluntly spat, walking to the girls' restroom. I dug around in my purse for my foundation. I, Aria, had never worn make up but had to only because I had a black eye. Leo, my oldest brother, punched me for telling Daddy that he stole something from the corner store. It was black and purple so I covered it up with make up.