Chapter Three

Heya,

:) Here's the new chapter and guess what? Nathaniel is in it! I truly enjoyed the first bit of this chapter and I'm slightly ashamed to admit that it made me laugh out loud on occasion. ^.^ I hope you'll all have the same experience. 

Love,

Ruth

 P.S. For those who wish to know. This is taking place the night after Tlanextic, Amelia's grandfather, visited. You might recall that Nathaniel sung for Amelia and held her till she fell a sleep but that he said he had work to do? That's this night. 

P.P.S. Nathaniel also mentions disturbing raports in this chapter. These are the ones he got that time he left with Elliot to visit his Taoiseach and then later on he had a bit of a fight with Amelia. ^.^ See how things all tie in together? 

“Nate you bastard! Where are you?” I roared as I stepped into the large kitchen in his temporary residence. Food, thank god was spreading it’s heavenly scent from the dinner table and with a flash of insight I knew Elliot had left it there for me.

Kid was thoughtful, I had to give him that.

I threw myself down into a chair and dug in hungrily, regretting more than ever my decision to stay and wait for Sapphire. I was such a hormone ruled idiot! I should have run like hell when I saw her pretty face. Should have run the moment she made me laugh.

Nathaniel appeared in the doorway with a frown, “You’re in a mood Sam. Wolf bit your hand?” he asked with a teasing glint in his eyes that I didn’t like one bit.

My left hand automatically rubbed my right wrist and the food suddenly tasted like ashes. “Asshole…”

“Mature,” he retorted yet he settled down gracefully in a chair across from me, stretching his long legs out underneath the table. “So what did you need me for? Come to thank me for convincing you to take the teaching job?”

I had to focus on his stormy gray eyes and the tingling in the air around him that seemed always present to catch on to his mood. The guy might be a softy at heart but he was all stone on the outside.

He was teasing, had to be.

I growled as I slammed my hand down on the table; the damn thing had nearly betrayed me when it wanted to stray to my heart region. I had no heart, at least that’s what I needed everyone to think.

Nathaniel just raised one of those bloody eyebrows and stared at me, arms crossed on his chest as he leaned back. The perfect image of relaxation. 

I pushed my plate away from me, only half of it eaten and instead yanked off my bloody suit jacket and tie. Allowing my obvious irritation to shine through clearly I tossed them carelessly over my shoulder.

“You knew! Bastard, you knew!” I said, pointing a finger in his direction with venom.

He just shrugged, “It’s about time you find someone my friend. The girl needs help, I’ve been getting sickening reports from the region and you know you’re the best.”