The Wedding

This is the "real" wedding between Daemon and Kat. If you haven't read the Lux series, I'd suggest skipping this until you've had the chance.

You can read the Lux Series in print from any bookseller
Lux Beginnings (Obsidian and Onyx), Lux Consequences (Opal and Origin) and Opposition (this includes Shadows, the prequel from Dawson's POV)

In digital from any vendor:Shadows, Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Orgin, and then Opposition

***Please keep in mind this is a bonus scene I just whipped up. It's not edited.***

                                                                The Wedding 

            “Why are you so nervous?”

            That was a really good question Dee was asking. I couldn’t answer to why I felt like I’d down an entire bulk pack of Five-Hour Energy.  I shouldn’t be anxious, but I was. My hands shook a little, and if it had been me instead of Dee curling my hair and twisting it up, I would look like a mess.

            “I know it’s dumb,” I said, twisting my fingers together. “We’re already married.”

            A bobby pin seemed to magically appear in Dee’s hand. “Honestly, I get it.  The other marriage wasn’t real.”

            To me and to Daemon, the marriage license we had obtained in Vegas under false names had been real. Some could argue all they wanted that it wasn’t, but names on a piece of paper didn’t mean you loved someone anymore or any less.

            And there was no way humanly or inhumanly possible that Daemon and I could love each other any more than we did without combusting the entire galaxy.

            But all those we cared about wanted the wedding. I’d wanted the wedding—the whole shebang, and since I wanted it, so did Daemon. That was love.

            Though, there was a good chance I might hurl.

            The door open, and I started to look over, but Dee waved the curling iron like a weapon. “Don’t even think of moving your head right now,” she ordered.

            Pressing my lips together, I sat perfectly still as a giggle echoed from somewhere behind us.

            “She looks like she’s about to beat you with that thing.”
            My eyes widened at the sound of Lesa’s voice, and if what she had just said weren’t possible, I would’ve jumped up and started clamping like a happy seal. “Lesa! You’re here!”

            “I told you I was coming! I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” Her voice grew closer, and Dee paused long enough to give her a welcoming hug. Then I was next, offered a one-arm squeeze before Lesa plopped down on the couch in front of me and Dee resumed torturing me with the curling iron and bobby pins. Lesa’s excited gaze roamed over my face. “Your make up is absolutely perfect.”