Chapter Four

Nik waited patiently as I continued to laugh, giving me a lift of his eyebrows as his lips drank from his cup and I leaned over kicking my heels off, "Are you serious? Like really Santa? The one in the North Pole?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Don't be silly, he's not real. No I just act like the one in the photos," and then my laughter dropped as I gave him a once over.

"That was you?" I nearly screeched, thankfully there was no one around us to complain about my high pitch voice, just the bird that flew away.

He winced, "Yeah I guess,"

My jaw dropped, "Bu-But-,"

"What, am I too sexy to be Santa?" he asked giving me a smirk, his green eyes twinkling.

"No you jerk, you slapped my arse"

"Oh yeah," he said his face going serious before he let out his own deep chuckle as I glared at him. There was nothing funny about being violated by Santa. Not at all, just made Christmas more annoying.

"I also know what your nephew wanted, cute, wait nephew right?" he asked.

"Yeah," I hissed taking up my own cup, the liquid had gone cold but it was still drinkable, "My brother's son," 

"Neat," He replied nodding, "But I couldn't help it. There you were so annoyed it was fun to see someone my age, besides, admit it, you loved sitting in my lap,"

I didn't reply, I let my angry face do the talking making him laugh, "Oh relax, it should be bad for your health all that being angry all the time,"

And I could have whined saying I wasn't angry, but I was, all the time. And I blame it on hormones. And stupid people around me. 

I sighed, "That was not cool, please don't violate kids like that," I said drinking the last remaining drops. He gave me a playful nudge with his shoulder, "I save the violating only for you,"

Oh and that made it so much better. I shuddered remembering the moment he had audaciously pulled me into his lap, he had way too much fun. I knew there was something wrong the moment my hand touched his fake belly, which I couldn't help but give his stomach another glace.

Nope. No pot stomach sadly.

I sighed, "We should go home, don't you have a home to get too?" I asked. He shrugged, "No ones home just me, so I can go whenever,"

"Join the club," I added dryly, didn't I know all about it. Living alone had its pros and cons, but sometimes more cons. 

"Sure, yours or mine," he joked winking and I rolled my eyes pulling my knees to my chest, resting my chin on that as my fingers massaged my toes.

"Please don't tell me you violate all the kids that come to the photo booth," because in that case I would be legally required to report him.

"Oh god no, but then again you aren't a child so I'm good,"

What was stopping me from kneeing him in the face and leaving? Nothing, well apart from laziness and the fact that I didn't want him to hit me back.

Because that would leave a number on my face and right now I wasn't in the financial position to get my face reconstructed. 

"So tell me about yourself," that caught me off guard as I was placing my empty cup back down after draining the last watery drops. Man,I just wanted one damn person in this city to make me a proper hot chocolate that did not taste watery. Just one.

I raised my eyebrow as I turned to look at him. my chin going back to my spot on my knees, "Do we have to," I paused trying to find the word, "Have a conversation? Small talk ain't my thing mate,"