21. Go See A Game At The Last Ballpark

Gary was up quite early and had tore down camp and packed everything into the RV trailer he brought with him, was ready to go by oh eight hundred. He was waiting for Lizzy to arrive and give him a briefing for the next mission. Gary really did respect what Lizzy was doing for the man she loved, and was more than happy to help out. Hayden really did make a difference in many people's lives and even after his passing through the list, he continued to do so. Gary tossed Hermy into the front passenger seat, and continued to wait until he finally saw Lizzy's minivan pull into the camp site. As she came to a stop, Gary who was dressed in black jeans and a Camo t-shirt raised his hands up hoping to get the Intel that kept him awake half the night.

     "So where are we going?" He asked her.

     "East." Lizzy playfully teased.

     Gary knew this wasn't going to be easy. "Can you at least tell me how you found out what the last park meant?"

     "I got the information from a valuable source," Lizzy informed him, "From someone who knew both Hayden and baseball like the back of his hand."

     "Hayden's old man?" Gary guessed.

     "How did you know?" Lizzy answered.

     "He used to be my softball coach." Gary called back. "And you're right, that man really does know a lot about baseball. How did he know about the last park?"

     "Hayden told him," Lizzy answered, "Well, kind of."

     It was the same night Lizzy had asked Mr

     It was the same night Lizzy had asked Mr. Sheppard to have a catch. They had been tossing the ball for twenty minutes after they had their moment, and she thought that was a safe buffer to ask him about the next baseball related item on the list. She caught the ball and paused for a moment.

     "I need to ask you something else about Hayden." she called out.

     "I'll do what I can to help." Mr. Sheppard replied, "What is it about?"

     "I think it's about baseball." Lizzy honestly answered.

     She was aware that the twenty-first item on the list was game related, and she thought it would be best to ask Mr. Sheppard about it to confirm or deny it. If it was something about baseball, he would know and be able to solve the whole mystery surrounding the last ballpark. Mr. Sheppard was like a baseball encyclopaedia when it came to the national pastime, and if anyone would know something about baseball concerning Hayden, it would be his father.

     "Okay then," Mr. Sheppard said as he walked over and sat down at the picnic table in the corner of the backyard. "Fire away."

     "There is an item of the list I think might have to do with baseball. It says something about seeing a game at the last ball park." Lizzy paused to give Mr. Sheppard a moment to digest what she had said. "I have no idea what that means. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?"