Chapter 8

CHARACTER VIEWS DO NOT REPRESENT MY OWN. Please be civil in the comment section.

"I'm not doing this."

"You don't have a choice."

"How about you go and --"

"All he wants to do," Cole shouted over me, "is touch you."

"You are sick in the head!" I cried, successfully ripping myself away from him. "I won't do it!"

I ran, desperation bleeding into me, kicking a chair into Cole's way. Just as I managed to get the door opened I was yanked back by his grip on the back of my neck. The door was slammed shut and his body banged into mine, holding me prisoner. He furiously hissed into my ear. "You will do it - unless you'd like me to pay your aunt and brother a visit."

I heard the nail in my coffin: the lock clicking. Cole's moved away from me, having made sure my attempts to escape would be a failure. His was breathing hard and he spat. "You fucking owe me! I have my men out looking for your father. Now you will get in there and do whatever he says. I don't care if he makes you suck his dick I will get what I want."

"I hate you, God damn. I pity you: you are a miserable, completely messed up bastard!" I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry or a reason to harm my family.

"You've made an enemy out of me. All this that is happening is entirely your fault."

"My fault?!" I spluttered in disbelief and hatred. "We all have a choice in what we do. You're a threatening, twisted psychopath. This is not my fault."

"I was going to help you and make sure the bastard doesn't go too far but after insulting me all I'm going to do is wish you good luck. Now get your mother-fucking ass in there before I drag you." He took a step forward, daring me with his eyes to disobey him.

I shoved past him, marching over to the storeroom. As I pulled open the door, my eyes landed on a bruised and bleeding Paul. His head lifted, giving me a crooked smile. "Ain't this my day! Girl, I have been dreaming about you," his eyes dropped to my breasts. "I will give up my mother to have my way with you."

I swallowed down my rising bile, forcing my feet forward. Paul was tied to a chair, nails driving his feet to the ground. I couldn't feel sorry for him. Around the room where tall, black shelves with stock. There was a poster of Superwoman stuck to the wall with sticky tape. In a speech bubble she seemed to be shouting. "You can do it!"

Nah, I really can't.

Cole gave me a small push. "Come on."

"What do I do?" You sonafabitch, I thought on enraged.

Cole walked past me, a knife suddenly in his hand. He freed one of Paul's arm, viciously pulling his hair back and bending down to warn in his face. "She's yours - only, and I swear I'm only going to tell you this once, only if you talk. As soon as you stop talking, she's gone and you're dead, you understand? For every useful thing you say, she steps forward."

"That wasn't what we agreed on!" Paul protested and then winced as Cole pulled his hair even harder. "Okay, okay! I understand!"

"Two steps forward for everything useful you say. If I feel like you're lying she takes three steps back. When she's near enough I will free your other hand. From there you can do whatever but you don't stop talking."

"What happens once I've finished talking?"

"I leave, you do what you want with her, I come back and kill you." Cole straightened up, turning to face me with a look that said he'd carry out his plan with no hesitation.

Paul nodded, sliding his lustful gaze to me. "I never expected to get out of this alive anyway."

Cole moved to stand behind Paul, spinning the knife in his hand with ease and speed. "Start talking."

"When Darcy came to Britain, his problems followed h--"

A look of disbelief passed Cole's face and he walked around and smacked Paul across the face. "Mother-fucker, what are you even talking about?"

Paul stared at Cole. "I don't understand. Isn't this what you wanted to know?"

Cole slid his hand down his face in an aggravated manner. "Are you fucking stupid? God. I've told you; tell me everything you know about Sam Cho."

"I'm taking ten steps back," I said, adding in a low voice. "Right out of this place."

Cole aimed the knife at me. "You're staying right where you are."

"Darcy was hauling drugs for Cho to the streets of London. I was never invited to the meetings. Cho didn't really like me. Said I stunk or something, the damn chink."

"I will fucking smack you again. Tell me what I want to know."

"Alright! Cho operates from Wickston, right outside this town. I don't know the exact address but... Shouldn't she be moving forward?"

Cole nodded at me to step forward. I gave him a hateful look and he waved his knife threateningly. "You're an ugly creep," I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I grudgingly stepped forward, unwilling to play Cole's game.

"You'll be taking your words back when you have your mouth full of my coc--"

Cole punched him on the jaw. "Shut the fuck up. I don't want to hear anything out of your mouth other than information about Cho."

Paul gathered the blood in his mouth, spitting it out to the side of the room. He looked at me determinedly. "He owns half Spidery Johnson's garage business--"

"Spidery's working with Cho?"

Paul nodded, looking at me expectantly.

"Move forward." Cole barked and then gestured for Paul to continue.

I was fast becoming to get extremely afraid, more so than before. The space between us was quickly being eaten up.

"Cho has men working here, legit business men. That black chief officer, Kendall, is on Cho's payroll. He's supplied us with information on you countless of times," Paul suddenly laughed. "You should visit America, there's a lot of mighty fine people eager to meet you, King."

"I'm sure I'll plan a visit. Is there anything else?"

"After I get some time with her I'll give you the one thing to bring down Cho. I'm not going to say more. I want that bitch."

Cole looked at me, back at Paul as if he was considering the offer. I was half turned to the door, ready to scream to the high heavens and run like I've never ran before. I wasn't going to be some meat to a rapist.

Cole chuckled lowly, standing up.

I was sure he was going to attack me. His stance was beastly and his face darkened.

But his leg lifted up and his foot went flying into Paul's face. There was a chilling crack and Paul howled, screaming about his jaw being broken.

"I know you're bluffing, you dumb son of a bitch. You haven't got any more information so...you're useless to me." Cole hissed sinisterly, spinning the knife in his hand as if he was some sort of professional.

He brought his arm back, ready to fly the knife straight through Paul's chest when...

CHARACTER VIEWS DO NOT REPRESENT MY OWN. Please be civil in the comment section.