Leap of Faith! (Edit 1-2-13)

© All rights are reserved by Chris S. Clevenger.

Leap of Faith!

A woman is sitting in an old styled pub in downtown London, you know the kind where it's all made of wood and smells like old beer. Yes that's the kind of place this lovely woman was sitting in having a drink. Now people would find this odd because for one, it is noon and there were only the old drunks in the pub at this time of the day. And second well she did not fit in at all. She was just way too pretty and hardly looked like an English woman at all. Her teeth where perfect and her accent was not an English one, it was more like a Scottish accent, but not quite right.

The woman sat drinking her pint and just watching the people as they come and go in and out of the pub. More often than not she seemed to be deep in her own thoughts. So she hardly noticed that the man next to her had been watching her for the last hour with clear lust in his eyes.

"Hey love, mind if I buy you another pint?" He asked her hoping that he could get her drunk and maybe get lucky.

This seemed to do the trick and her green eyes locked with his and she smiled at him. "No thank you, I am meeting someone soon," She said and hoped he took the hint that she wanted him to leave her be.

This woman I speak of her name is Faith; she has long black hair and deep green eyes. She is not tall and not short; she stands five foot five and looks just right at that size. Her hair is always styled and her makeup is light but tasteful. Her style of dress is very classy rich dress suit with a silk blouse and knee skirt. Her heels are black and look very stylish on her. So for a woman alone in a pub at noon she was quite stunning and she had the eye of each man and a few of the females on and off since she sat down.

Her long dark hair and pale skin just seem to make her look exotic looking, almost like an adult Goth woman. But she was anything but that. She always seemed to be happy and in a good mood, If not a bit spacey and easily lost in thought.

Faith knew that today was the day it all changes for her. She looked at the door as waiting for her friend to show up. She knew that Rose would be here for their daily drink before work. Rose Tyler. Now that was a friend. Faith grinned too herself as she thought of Rose.

This was when a memory of her past came back to Faith. Back when there was a time when HE had drums beating within his head. That was a very bad time. Had it not been for a friend she would still have them drums within her head.

And in these times like these Faith would remember her past life, a life where she was not really a SHE but more a HE. And in them times she would remember her former name and then sigh, mostly with sadness from the pain and sorrow she had caused in her former life. But she never wished for that back. HE had not had a good life till HE became a SHE and in this new life of hers she really enjoyed not being the mad one. A time when HE was a mad man seeking to do damage, to just about anything he got his hands on. But now she was not so... Mad... Oh sure some thought of her as Crazy. Sure. But Mad and bent on Damage. No. Her new name was a gift from the one man who always was His thorn in His side, the man who was more like a brother at times then enemy. She knew this now, Since the Drums stopped. She knew he ended her Pain, Her Madness. When her name was not Faith and it was something else, she was the mad one and everyone hated Him.

But her change into her more female-self was not something she had picked or wanted for herself. No hardly not. But she would have been dead had it not been for her own TARDIS and a friend saving her life... Well Him at the time.... Had her friend known just being there would Change Him she might have thought better on doing it how she did it. But, she was only human after all.

Faith blinked her eyes as the memory passes by and she wished she did not recall them things too much for all the him's and her's always seemed to give her a headache.

"Hello, Earth to Faith are you day dreaming again?" A young blond woman asked her friend as she sits down next to her.

"Ah yes sorry Rose, I don't know where my head is these days. I guess dreaming about a man." Faith said with her own smile.

Rose just laughs as she waves her hard to orders a pint of her own. "Oh I'm sure Faith, and what is this man going to be like?" She asked as she took a sip of her own beer.

Faith kept right on smiling at Rose Tyler. You see Faith knows all about Rose and what she'll become one day. Her trips and travels. She read about them all and had seen quite a few of them first hand. But that is later and this Rose has no clue her friend of the past ten years knew her much better then she could only dream of.

Faith knows that Rose will meet the man of her dreams this very evening and would be whisked off on a very long trip with him. Faith knew this and yet she could not say anything to Rose about it, or it would mess up the time lines and Faith needed them as they were.