Werewolf Part 3

Evening approached slowly and my head was pounding as though I had a hangover though I wouldn’t know since I had never consumed alcohol before. I had awoken to find myself in a strange bed so as expected, I panicked. Then I remembered what had happened and the explanations that the guy, who’s name I found out was Damion, had told me. It was bizarre and I couldn’t believe that it was true. I had seen it with my own eyes so I could not call him a liar. But I cannot understand for the life of me the reason for which I slept in his bed. So many things could have happened to me yet I felt as though I was safe here. Still too mentally tired to think on it, I winced at the sound of his shout.

“Are you ready?”

 “Yes, can’t you be a bit quieter? My head is killing me!” I exclaimed as I made my way to the living room where he was.

Bad, bad idea. White exploded in my vision causing my knees to buckle. He was there in less than a second, holding me up.

“Be more careful Vivian.”

“It’s not my fault that my head wants to explode and talking isn’t helping much.”

“Do you still want to go to the forest?”

“Yes. I have to.” I replied sternly.

We hurried down a well worn track until I suddenly turned away and began trekking to the middle of the forest. Damion did not transform into his wolf form for which I was grateful. My headache increased as I neared the spot. Damion did not make a sound. He just followed me.

“Ahhhh!” I gasped as the pain in my head forced me to my knees at the site.

Memories flashed into my head as I screamed. I felt as though there was something in me that needed to be let out. Just then, a great surge of power ran through me and I was enlightened. I accepted the transformation and my consciousness looked on as my body shrunk and elongated in certain places to create the strong graceful form of the wolf.

‘Can you hear me?’ a voice interrupted my thoughts.

I realized that it was Damion, who had transformed. I knew exactly how to answer him.

‘Yes. I am the alpha female of this pack. Damion, the vampires were after me. That’s why they sealed my memories as a child. I was put into a human foster home. Where are the others?’

‘I’m sorry Vivian. I’m the only one that survived the raid. I was about 5 at the time…everyone’s dead.’

‘NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

‘Ouch. That was kinda loud. I understand your pain. But it’ll go away. Replace it with anger. We can avenge them.’

‘Thanks. We must prepare.’

I turned to look at him but when our eyes met, I knew. I knew that he was the one. My other half. My soulmate.

‘I…’

‘Vivian?’

‘You…’

‘I’m what?’

‘You’re my soulmate.’

‘I know. Thought you’d forgotten. I didn’t want to overload your brain in one night. Though I must say, I didn’t recognize you. I only realized when I saw you heading this way. They did a good job sealing away your werewolf traits.’

‘We must prepare to take revenge. Then we can think about reminiscing.’

‘Yes m’am!’