Chapter Six : My Life's One Big Spanish Soap Opera, Lets Call It Ugly Tessie

 "Maybe we should slap her?"

"No Megan that only works in the movies." Beth explains

"We could cut off the seatbelt?"

"Don't you dare talk about my baby like that!" Cole scolds her and perhaps it's because Megan realizes that she wouldn't be having any bright ideas tonight she shuts up for good.

"I threw a wish in the well."

"What is she doing?" Cole asks Beth and I think he's looking a little scared, fearing that I've lost my mind.

"Don't ask me I'll never tell."

"Oh this? It's nothing to be worried about, whenever she gets really nervous or scared she starts singing crappy pop songs."

"Right," Cole stretches the word but I can tell he's still not convinced that I'm completely sane.

"I looked to you as it fell and now you're in my way." I stutter chanting the words over and over again to stop my body from trembling. I clutch my seatbelt tightly, the silver clasp digging into my skin as I stare off into the distance. Jared the Jock's house is enormous and currently packed to maximum capacity. If I'd come her on my own I would've ran away from the gates seeing the number of cars but since I'm being held hostage I need to do everything that my kidnappers deem appropriate and running away yelling "I'm a fatty get me out of here!" might not be their most desired way to make an entrance. At first I was foolish enough to think we wouldn't find a parking spot and Cole being the moody sometimes inconsiderate and almost always stubborn jerk that he is would get mad and leave the party but imagine my surprise when he eased the car into a space which had a sign with his name on it.

Yes apparently being Cole Stone has its perks.

Now I'm sitting in the car because I froze the second everyone got out. I could try to let my embarrassment over my cowardice overrule my fear of being amidst large crowds however that is not happening. My body's gone into shut down mode and I'm glued to my seat with my knees knocking together and my arms shaking due to sheer terror.

"Look why don't you girls go inside and I'll bring her when she's ready." Cole says after some time to my friends who shoot me worried glances. They're all outside of the car already and standing by my door. I can see that they're debating whether or not it's a wise decision to leave me with Cole especially when I'm in this state but I give a little nod letting them know that they can in fact go. I don't want to spoil this for them, if worst comes to worst then I can just ask Cole to drop me home and then come back, it's not like the party's going to end anytime soon.

"Are you sure Tessa?" Beth asks seriously and there's concern all over her face. I feel so guilty that I'm ruining the night for her so I try to put on a brave face, "I'm fine. I just need a minute you guys go ahead."

The fact that I say this sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk doesn't really go in my favour. They eye me skeptically but it's Cole who convinces them at last.

"You two look hot okay? Just go in and have fun, I'll have this one inside in a minute okay? Have you forgotten who I am?" He winks and this seems to convince them. Of course they believe that his manipulative ways will have me running to the house in no time.

When they leave Cole comes by my side again, the car door is open and the slight chill in the air causes goose bumps to rise on my skin. I don't know how long I can sit like this before freezing to death and sooner or later I'll have to make a decision because frankly now I'm just feeling stupid.