The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Final}

pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Long over due T_T

I guess, this is the last chapter but it's also what they call a epilogue. I'm not so sure about that anyways, here's the last part. 

-

Chapter 23 - Final: 

Seven years later: 

I woke up the piercing sound of the alarm clock, it was now 5am to be exact. Next to me was Shane who was still deep in his sleep, softly snoring. 

"Shane, honey. Wake up" I nudged his shoulder lightly, attempting to wake him up. Shane grumbled, shifting underneath the covers slowly awaking up. 

"What time is it?" he asked, with his eyes still shut. 

"It's 5 in the morning.." I said, tying my hair up into a ponytail. I heard Shane mumble something about going back to sleep. Immediately, I got up from the bed and pulled the blankets away from Shane's body and shoved it into the closet. 

"Get up!" I said, whacking his bare chest with his pillow. I found Jack awake and had my, well his Winnie the Pooh plush toy the one Shane got for me seven years ago. Jack was whacking Shane with the plush toy. Jack was pretty strong for a two year old, guess he got my genes. Ha! 

"Daddy! Wake. Up!" he said as he hit Shane on the head with the toy. I was about strike at him with the pillow once more when he snaked his arms around my waist pulling me onto the bed, locking his grip on me in the process. I felt Shane's lips press against my neck murmuring, "Five more minutes.." 

"No! No! No! NOW!" Jack boomed even louder. 

"No way.. I want to get to the airport earlier so we can get everything checked in and have breakfast there. So, get up and get ready while I take a shower. " I stated, removing Shane's grip from my waist and I picked Jack up. 

"Can I join you?" he asked with a big smirk on his face. 

"Nuh-uh. So get moving.." I mumbled as I walked into the bathroom and took a shower and got Jack ready. After twenty minutes, Jack and I walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready. I found Shane sleeping again. Argh! I can't take this anymore. 

"WILLIAM SHANNON REID! GET OFF YOU LAZY BUTT AND GET READY!" I fumed. I watched as Shane woke up from my yelling and fell on the bedroom floor landing on his backside. He quickly ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. I smiled at my achievement of waking Shane up and got our suitcases ready. I managed to get Jack to watch TV so I could prepare other things. 

After Shane and I got married three years ago, we moved to New York so I could finished up degree at Juilliard but the school offered me a job as a teacher so ended up staying in New York instead of going back to California after I finished.

Suddenly, the telephone started ringing and I hurried to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Francesca, darling! What time is your flight again?" she asked, obviously she knew the answer to that already. She asked me more than 7 times before today. My mother was a little too excited for her own good. 

"Grandma!" Jack called out as he heard her voice on the phone.

"Hi, sweetie." 

"12 o'clock. Since the flight's five hours we'll be landing around 6 . Okay?" I said sarcastically.

"Don't use that tone with me" she said firmly. I rolled my eyes as I held the phone against my ear. 

"Has Darren and Maggie arrived yet?" I asked curiously.