Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Brooklyn's POV:

I got dressed and headed downstairs towards the infirmary. A Snowelf laid on the bed unconscious. He was a male probably around my age and he had Snow White hair and pale skin. I opened the door slightly and the rotten stench hit me like a tidal wave.

"Ugh, what is that smell? I thought he was alive?" I said pinching my nose. Ryder, Andrew and a couple of other people including the doctor stared at me.

"He's not dead. He was knocked out." The doctor explained. I looked closely noticing dried blood on his exposed ankle. I touched his leg slightly and he didn't move. I unpinched my nose and bent down and took a huge inhale. The smell burnt my eyes and bile pooled in the back of my throat. I gagged and was handed a trash can where I threw up.

"That is dead snow elf blood possibly
fragments of skin or something." I breathed. I walked out of the infirmary and outside where I could pick up the scent easily. I shifted and lunged into the forest with Ryder and Andrew following me.

The scent grew stronger and my feet hit the ground harder and dug into the dirt deeper. I came to a broken tree and shifted back. I had to take slow breaths to urge back the vomit. I looked around and a pair of legs stuck out from a bush. I grabbed them and pulled to reveal a snow elf with a stake shoved through his head. The smell rolled over me and I got sick in the bushes.

"He was over powered by the vampires. They used his own weapon against him." Ryder murmured. Andrew picked up the body and brought it back while I kept my distance.

"How come I am the only one that can sense them?" I asked.

"That is what I am going to find out." Ryder said. We went to the infirmary where the doc checked out my nose. He place a wire in through my nose to check my nasal cavities.

"Have you ever broken your nose?" He asked.

"Yea. I wasn't paying attention and I was playing softball and the ball hit me in the nose." I said as he took the wire out and grabbed an X-Ray machine.

"This is a machine some dentists have, to check bone structure in the face; It can allow me to see your nose." He said. He placed my head into the contraption and left the room. A loud beep was made and he came back and moved the machine away as the x-Ray printed.

"Ah just what I thought." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"When you broke your nose the bone punctured a hole in your scent cavity." He explained.

"What is a scent cavity?" I asked.

"When you are made a werewolf you are born with an extra cavity that is for your sense of smell. It gives you the ability to scent different objects. This is why turned werewolves do not have strong noses. However the cavity is not that big. It varies, some werewolves have bigger scent cavities than others. Yours are quite big which gives you a strong nose but when you broke your nose the bone must have punctured the cavity making it larger and more enhanced. Your old doctor probably let it heal on it's own which is why he didn't fix it." He explained.

"Well is it bad?" I asked.

"No not at all you will be totally fine. Your sense of smell is just way more enhanced than a regular werewolf which is why you can smell snow elves." He said. I nodded not really understanding and looked to Ryder.

"Thank you, doctor." He said nodding. The doc bowed respectfully.

"Anytime, Alpha." He responded.