Chapter 24 - Saviour

Angel
I'm pinned against the wall by my arms, two men holding me there. They laugh and jeer sadistically, spitting on my face. A third person, this time a woman, speaks
"Not so brave and strong on our own, are we?" She saunters towards me and motions for the men to let go of me. The moment they do I fall forward, only to be grabbed around the neck by the woman. It happens in a flash but next thing I know there is a knife to my throat, so cliche. I slowly, carefully bring my hand upwards, as if to scratch my shoulder. I clasp my hand around the wrist of my captor and, quick as a flash, wrench it away. 

A flick of her wrist leaves me with a nick behind my ear. Other than that, I am successful. I dash forward, reaching down into my shoe where there is a knife of my own concealed. I spin around to her, dagger held aloft and seeing that she is doing the same, her teeth bared in a snarl.

Toni
To my great relief I make the boat, my palms grip the bar on the circumference of it. I haul myself up. I look at the engine, it seems in good condition. I yank the pull cord and the engine roars into life. Wasting no time, I accelerate forward until I come under a window of the Houses of Parliament. I now realise that this may not be as easy as I had hoped. A high wall stands above me, the window I'm aiming for set back, almost out of sight. 

I look closer and see that there are ruts and cracks in the wall, where the river has eaten it away over hundreds of years. My climber's instincts take over and I launch myself off the boat, barely finding a hold on the wall. Leaving the boat behind I concentrate every ounce of my energy on dragging my body and heavy, waterlogged shoes towards the window where I may find my redemption. 

Angel
I feel the stinging of the cut behind my ear. I concentrate the pain into heightening my senses. I wait for my opponent to make the first move, it's easy to anticipate. She dives at me, reflexively I wrench her arm back. This causes her to drop the knife, almost onto my foot. I jump away just in time.

In the single second I'm concentrating on saving my foot, the woman loosens my grip on her. She is left with some leverage. Before I can process and remedy this, she swings a uppercut punch at me,  catching me right under the jaw. My teeth bite through the inside of my cheek and my entire head is thrown back. I groan of pain escapes my lips as, fight momentarily forgotten, I nurse my cheek. 

Another punch soon follows, time to get back in the game. I swing both of my arms inwards to clap them on either side of her head. This leaves her temporarily disorientated and gives me enough time to kick her behind the knees, knocking her to the ground. I hear the resounding thud as her head hits the floor. She's out cold.

The two men who had, God knows why, been standing by the wall seize the opportunity opened up by the pause pause to attempt to recapture me. I'm taken from behind, a pair of arms thrust around my waist. A punch to my gut leaves me breathless and winded.

Toni
Finally, I reach the window - it's locked. I break it with relative ease, a fist is all it takes. Once I've pulled myself through the window, my clothes becoming ripped from the shattered glass, I land on the floor, finding myself in a compulsively neat office. I pick myself up and dash out. I look both ways down the corridor. Which way should I go? My plan hadn't gotten as far as to plan what I was to do once I actually got into the building. 

My thoughts are cut of by a muffled scream of pain. Angel! I sprint in the direction it came from, checking each room I pass. I stop at a door from which the sounds associated with a fight are being emitted. I pause to get out the pistol I had snuck from one the the prison guards. I burst in, gun raised to see Angel slumped over, held up by a man in black. 

I aim and shoot.