Chapter 3

I can't even say anything, not even a simple 'Hi'. She actually got me a nanny. My mother, the person who never cared, hired me a nanny after 4 years of being home alone. I'm almost 18 years old, I don't need a nanny! I wanted to scream and shout at this woman, get her out of my home - but I can't. Mum hired her, so she stays.

Blade obviously realises I can't speak, realises I've fallen into a state of shock. He stands up, finally removing his hand from my back, and takes a few steps towards Sarah and her children. "Hi, I'm Blade; Kara's boyfriend. I'm sure you can properly introduce yourselves to Kara tomorrow, she's pretty tired." He turns around to look at me, I just nod, so he sighs and faces them again. "I'll just take her upstairs, I'm sure Ms. Parker showed you your rooms?" He asks, he's being polite. I'd rather he didn't, I'd rather he told them to get out, forced them out the front door and slammed it in their faces. 

"Um, no. She didn't really seem to know where much was in this house. I'm guessing you just moved here or something?" Sarah questions, confusion fills her face. 

Blade shifts on his feet, as if he doesn't know whether to just tell Sarah my mother's never home, or lie. I stand up and walk over to Blade, "No, we've lived here for the last 17 years, since I was born. My mum hasn't lived here in a while though, no one has." The look on Sarah's face completely changes to one of sympathy. I hate sympathy. 

Blade understands how I'm feeling right now. He clears his throat, "Right. Kara, you go upstairs to sleep, I'll show Sarah and er-" 

"Alex"

"Julia"

Both Sarah's children chime in, giving Blade their names. "-Right. I'll show them all to their rooms." I just nod again, back to not talking. Blade sighs, leans in towards me and whispers "I'll put them as far away from your room as I can, but I don't really know how far that is. You know, since your mum locked up almost every spare room in the house." I just nod again, before walking upstairs. I don't even glance at the new family moving in. 

Once in my room, I just collapse on the unmade king size bed. My room is the one room Maria - The maid - wont clean, at my request. The room is what I call an "organised mess". My clean clothes are all in one large pile on the edge of my three seat black leather sofa, dirty clothes are left on the floor. My room is really plain, white walls with black and grey canvas photos everywhere. My room pretty much has a black and white theme, all with modern day equipment everywhere. An iPod docking station mounted onto the wall, a large, flat screen TV, with every games console you can think of, all set up neatly on shelves; I don't even play any of the games consoles, but Blade does. It's, as he says, the "only source of entertainment" in my house. I disagree, the library seems pretty entertaining to me.

Before I can start up that debate in my mind again, Blade walks in. "Hey." is all he says as he walks over to the bed. He collapses on it next to me, and just lays there. He doesn't say anything, he knows I don't want to talk. I sit up. "I need to change." I get up, and head towards the clean washing pile. I pull out two of Blade's shirts, throw one at him, and change into one. Changing in front of Blade is nothing new, we've known each other since we were little, we've bathed together, heck, we've slept together. Blade's shirt is huge on me, I just wear is as a 'nightdress' with my underwear. When I finish throwing my clothes on the floor, I walk back over to the bed and climb under the covers. Blade's changed too. Well, he changed his shirt, and took off his trousers. He'll just sleep in boxers and a shirt. He still doesn't say anything, just holds me as he falls asleep. I can't do that though, I just keep thinking about the family living in my home and the fact that I'm cuddling my boyfriend when I know he's cheating on me. 

I don't think I can handle telling Blade I know while I have these people living here, but I can't keep dating him. I'll talk to him tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll still be in my life after tomorrow, and I think that's the real thought that's keeping me awake. I'm scared. If I lose Blade, how will I cope with these people? He's the people person. I hate people, I just about became friends with Emma. All those double dates were a way for me to try and be friends with Blade's friends, but it's so hard. Making friends has never been easy for me, that has always been Blade's job. I'm pretty sure becoming friends with Emma was an accident.