5 | In Love with Logan Prescott

I walked into the apartment after the longest shift of my career at Prescott Incorporated. Walking into the kitchen, I was greeted by the most delectable, mouth-watering aroma.

A moan left my lips as I kicked my heels off. "That smells heavenly."

"Look who finally decided to show up," Logan playfully teased, wiping his hands off on a towel. "Come here, Love."

I breathe out a quiet sigh as Logan's arms wrap around my waist. "So I was thinking,"

"Oh?" I quirk an eyebrow at the tall, hulking blonde who held me like I was a delicate china doll.

"I wanted to take a trip to the cabin this weekend and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get you away from my father." 

I giggle. "Is someone jealous?"

"I'm not jealous per se," Logan clarifies. "It's just my girlfriend spends more time with my father than me." He pouts.

"Aw, babe," I run my finger around his ear, tucking a loose strand of his hair behind his ear. "I'll talk to your dad and see if I can take some time off." I cooed.

Logan reaches up and grabs my hand in his, placing a kiss on my wrist. It had been over a month since we had officially started dating and I couldn't fully enjoy being with him because this relationship was built on the foundation of his father's wallet.

"Bailey?"

Logan's voice brought me back to reality. "Yeah, babe,"

"Thought I lost you there," he joked.

"Oh, no," I smiled, smoothing my hair back with my hands. "I'm going to go change really quick."

I pressed a kiss to his lips, pulling him closer to me as his hands rub up-and-down my back in a way that makes me shiver. When I pull away and look up, Logan is looking at me with his perfect sapphire blue eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Logan smiles, intertwining our fingers together. "I love you, Bailey Montgomery."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"He did not tell you he loves you!" Danielle squealed. "What did you say?" she further implored.

"I said, 'thank you.'" I said sheepishly as I watched Danielle's facial expression change to one of shock.

"No,"

"Sadly – yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No!"

"Danielle," I curtly say her name hoping she would stop with the yes-no game we were currently playing.

"Sorry," she apologized. "I just – how do you say 'thank you' when someone tell you that they love you?"

"I don't know!" I just – I just panicked, I guess."

"Aw sweetie," Danielle sighed. "Is it because of the whole arrangement?"

"Yes," I breathe. "But I don't know why I couldn't say it back because –"

"You love him."

Danielle finished my sentence for me. "I just don't know how to make this right. I really messed up, Dani."

I heard her sigh through the phone and I knew she was just as stuck as I was in this situation.

"Maybe give the money back?"

"That doesn't fix everything." I inform her.

"You mean tell him the whole truth?" she sounded shocked. "Bai, if you tell Logan everything, you'll lose him altogether."

"I know, but I have nothing more to lose." Tears were pricking my eyes like tiny needles of guilt. "I'd rather tell him the truth before this can go any further."

"It's a little late for that Bai," Danielle's words hit me like a bag of bricks because she was right. "He's in love with you."

"And I'm in love with him."

"Hey, how about we get lunch during your break tomorrow? Maybe we can get your mind off of things."

I really didn't want to try and come up with an excuse not to have lunch with her, so I agreed. I know she's just trying to be a good friend, but I don't think a good burger and a side of fries could fix the mood or situation I was in.

"Chin up, Bai! Things will work out for the best in the end!"

Whether Logan would be a part of that ending – well, that was another story.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hello my loves!

So I'm halfway through my finals week and I just wanted to update this story for you all because it's been a while and I was feeling motivated to write! I know it's short and I wanted to make it longer, but I found that there was no other way to write this chapter without totally dragging it out. So I will be leaving you all with this short blurb of an update. This way it also helps ease me back into the plot since I took a really long hiatus from this story!

The next chapter will be longer than this update so need not fret, friends! I'm also struggling with how long I want this story to be. I think of where I want this story to go and I think, "I think I can end this is like five chapters" but I don't want it to feel rushed. My goal for this story is a minimum of ten chapters, so that gives you an idea of how the story is progressing.

To all my readers who are in school: Good luck with finals! You are almost done! You can do it :)

To all my readers/followers: I hope you all have a healthy and happy holiday with your families!

Thank you for reading and supporting this story even though it probably has been really annoying waiting for me to update my story.

Until next time, loves! – Hayley Renee

**Please excuse any spelling/grammar errors. This chapter is not yet edited!**