Chapter 6 - Costume pic of James

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 6

Dina's POV

            I was looking at him as he walked away. I didn't want him to leave, but I couldn't do or say anything to stop him. What would I tell him, anyway? That I like him, but I can't be with him? I wasn't ready to make myself hurt again. I just couldn't do it. I wasn't really the 'changing guys faster than socks' type of a girl. And besides, I didn't know exactly what was going on between him and Melanie. Are they really just best friends, or was there more to it?

            I plopped back on to the bench. He was out of my sight now. Did I hurt him? He seemed hurt... But that could be easily mistaken by his ego getting hurt. I didn't know what it was. I can't allow myself to fall for him. We would separate in just three months, and I would end up hurting again.

            Then the memory of us kissing just popped into my mind. Even if I labeled it as 'just business', this kiss definitely wasn't just that. Deep down in my heart I knew, it felt so right. Like his lips belonged on mine. Like this was the right place for them to be. I never felt like that before. He feels so right. Just like that moment when he held me in his arms, kissing me. I was in heaven.

            I saw Melanie arriving home just as I finished my thought. Good. Now I'll ask her why she didn't completely removed that scene after the song. She removed just a part of it. Well, a big part of it, actually. For which I was thankful. I'd die of an embarrassment if it happened. Initial scene was that, after the kiss we were supposed to slowly start undressing each other, and the curtain would close, ending the show. It would be so embarrassing! Not that it would be bad thing to undress him... He is so yummy, but.. 'Snap out of it, Dina!', I mentally yelled at myself again.

            "Why didn't you remove it completely, Mel?", I asked Melanie when she came closer, taking her by surprise. She sat down on the bench, beside me.

            "I removed most of it. I couldn't remove everything. Where would be the point in that? I didn't think that the kiss would bother you so much. I mean, every girl would want to kiss him...", she replied drifting.

            I snapped my head towards her, asking seriously: "Would you?".

            She looked confused: "Would I what?".

            "Kiss him.", I replied coldly. She looked as if she was thinking what to say.

            Then she said: "Well, he's my old friend, and...". I looked at her warningly.

            "Ok! I would! Happy now?", she said slightly upset.

            I looked away from her, looking to my left, at the sea. No! I wasn't happy about it! Just the thought of him kissing another girl was... Urgh... I shook my head slightly.

            But I kept it cool and said: "Yea. So on the next show you take my place. Ok? Because I don't want to do it again. Either that or change the ending.".

            She looked at me a bit shocked and sad.

            "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Really, I didn't.", she said shrugging.

            I said: "I know you didn't, it's ok. Just change the ending, ok? Make it like a hug and peck on the cheek?", I said hopefully, hugging her from the side.

            She hugged me back and said: "Will do. Let's go to sleep now, shall we?", she smiled.

            "What exactly is going on between the two of you? How come you're not together?", I saw my chance to ask her that question.

            "Nothing. We are really just two best friends. Nothing special. I never thought of him being my boyfriend. It's a long story, but we met about 6 years ago when I was in the USA. His SWAT team knocked down my apartment doors and got in just when I wanted to change my clothes.

            James came from the end of his team, slapping his teammate on the back of his head and said smiling: "Not this door, you idiot.".

            I turned to them and said: "You could have knocked, I would open the doors.".

            James smiled and said: "Yea, sorry about that, Ma'am. Wrong apartment. The station will pay for the damage.".

            I nodded my head smiling and they went away. In a few hours he came back and apologized again. We started talking and became really good friends in the next few days. That's all. I liked one of his teammates, actually. He introduced us the next day.", she said smiling.

            "Come on, let's go in.", she said getting up from the bench. Wow, that was a funny story.

            She went to open the door when I caught her hand gently, stopping her and said quietly: "I'm afraid I will fall for him and get hurt again. In fact, I think I'm already falling. That's why I don't want to kiss him...".

            She turned around to me, hugged me and said: "I understand. Don't worry.".

            We smiled to each other and entered the house. I went downstairs to Zoya's and my room. She wasn't there. She went out with a few people from our crew. Zoya came back two hours later. She sat on her bed and watched something on her phone, grinning from ear to ear. She looked at me and smiled, jumping up from her bed.

            She said breathlessly: "That was an epic kiss! I mean, totally! Duuuh!! How was it?", she chirped happily.

            "Just drop it, ZoyToy, ok?", I said sadly.

            "Are you ok?", she asked worriedly now, putting her phone away, tucking it nervously under her pillow.

            She never did that before. Was she hiding something? Never mind, I didn't want to talk now.

            "Yea, I'm ok. Just don't want to talk about it. Ok? Sorry... I know you like the details, but I can't talk about it, not now.", I replied.

            "It's ok. I understand. Maybe tomorrow you'll want to talk, when you dream about it.", she said hugging me, winking and smiling at me.

            I smiled and went to sleep, wondering why she hid her phone from me. Tomorrow I'll see James again. I was sad and happy at the same time. I didn't know why...