I Hear Her Screams At Night

Julian's POV

*********************************************************************************

   It was freaking 3am and I could still hear one of the female students next door screaming. I feel like she was doing it to piss me off, I don't know who it was but she was starting to upset me. I was half tempted to start screaming myself, but I am a twenty-six year old male and she was a twenty year old female. 

    In the mean time I was trying to get that student off my mind. What was her name? Scarrlette? I think it was. She was crazy, but there was something about her that made me tick. She was different from the others, she didn't take crap from anyone, not even a professor like myself. 

    The screaming started up again next door after a short pause, I was getting sick of it I couldn't sleep. I threw the covers off of my body and walked out into the hall. I had to figure out who was screaming and why, I mean shouldn't her room mate have woken her up by now. I knocked on the door and the screaming actually stopped, but there was no sound of movement in the room. I knocked on the door again and this time I did hear movement. The door unlocked and slowly open, and there standing there staring back at me was the one girl I couldn't get off my mind.

    "Ummm, hi there?" She said, sleep still clear in her voice.

    "I just came over to see if everything is ok." I said

     "It's 3am I am pretty sure everything was fine until you woke me up." She responded, sounding angry.

      "Someone was screaming. I was just doing my job."

      "No one was screaming?" 

      "Maybe it was your roommate and you were just so tired you didn't hear it in your sleep." I said

      "My room mate is switching schools, so she has been spending her nights in random guys dorms. I've been alone since yesterday, I wake up and she will be randomly passed out after showing up at 5am." She said

       "Then who was screaming if you were asleep and your roommate isn't here?" I asked, suddenly confused. 

      "How should I know. I was having a nightmare, but this seems to be worse." She said with a smirk.

       "I have a feeling you were screaming in your sleep and you just don't realize you do it."

       "Oh well then, what are you going to do? Sue me for sleeping and having a nightmare?" 

      "No... As I said, I was just making sure everything was ok."

      "Well everything is fine. So you can go back to your own bed now and mind your own fucking business." Scarrlette snapped.

       And with that she slamed the door in my face. I slowly made my way back into my room before laying down on my bed. I didn't know what the hell just happened but I didn't know why it made me feel so upset. I mean all that happened was a female student of mine got angry and slammed a door in my face after I had asked her about her screaming. 

       I sat in silence for half an hour before Scarrlette started screaming next door again.. This was going to be a long night.... And an even longer year.. God help me while you still can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarrlette's POV

      After slamming the door in Professor Smith's face I walked back over to my bed to sit down. He had heard me screaming, which wasn't a good thing. He'd soon find out other things about me that most don't even ever need to know. I had had another fucking nightmare and it pissed me off to think that now I know he's up this late at night, and that he can hear everything.

      It made me happy he at least cared. I smiled slightly at the thought of him. It was nice to know someone cared about my well being. And with that I slowly drifted back to sleep. As I realized something was happening to Professor Smith and I.

************************************************************************

Well thanks to whoever happens to read this. It means a lot knowing some people actually read what I think day and night about. I really enjoy this book and I hope that you guys soon come to enjoy it as well. Please let me know what you think and I will try to update as soon as possible. Love you guys!

-Scarrlette