Chapter 3 - Pic of James

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 3

Zoya's POV

            Dina and James were chatting casually, so I distanced myself away from them, I had an issue with the costumes that I had to solve, and listening two of them talking wouldn't help. Someone lost one of the dresses, and I was supposed to either find it or improvise and get another one. The show is starting in just two days! And now it was almost midnight. Tomorrow is the rehearsal. Actors will come, trying out the costumes. What am I supposed to do?

            Oh, God! I'll get fired sooner than I thought! Maybe I could ask Dina for help, she would probably think of something, she's good at improvising in situations like this.

            That thought made me smile a little and I relaxed. That's exactly what I'll do! When James goes away, I'll ask her. When is he planning on going away, anyway? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but we have to get up early. And by 'we' I mean all of us, Melanie, Dina, him AND me. And by the looks of it, he doesn't want to go just yet. Melanie went to sleep a long time ago. Oh, I'll be so sleepy tomorrow.

            I have decided I will go to bed and let them talk. I will ask Dina about the dress in the morning. I was too tired to discuss it now anyway. I told them that I am tired and that I'll go to bed. I said 'good night' to them and went to sleep while they replied 'good night' to me, and continued talking.

In the meantime...

James's POV

            Dina and I were chatting outside, while Zoya was in her own thoughts about something. I asked Dina: "So, what's your story? How did you end up here? I mean, I know Melanie is your cousin, but don't you have anyone back home? A boyfriend?".

            She said: "No, not really. I used to have a boyfriend, but I broke up with him three months ago. My parents and my sister are on a cruise. They invited me too, but I wanted to come here instead.", she drifted sadly.

            I was, on one side sad I asked, and on the other side, I was glad I asked, because now I knew something about her. Even though, I wasn't sure why she was sad, the boyfriend or the cruise. Zoya said that she's tired and that she'll go to sleep. We said 'good night' to her and she went away.

            Dina and I continued talking. I liked her. She was so ...natural. She didn't seem to care too much if her hair was perfectly set or if her make-up was ok. Actually, she didn't even have that much of a make-up at all. Just a little bit of mascara and barely visible lip gloss. She looked beautiful. Some girls would refuse to go out without any make-up on, but not her. But she did take care of herself. With her long blond hair falling down over her shoulders, to the middle of her back, and her beautiful brown eyes, she looked amazing.

            I said to her with a smile: "Don't be sad, you're here now. I'm glad you're here.".

            She smiled slightly: "Yea. Me too. I like it here. But when I get more money, one day, I will move to the USA. To New York or Los Angeles.", she said happily.

            I could feel my insides dance. She wants to go to my home country, and live there! And even to my town, New York! That's amazing!

            I said: "New York? That would be great! I live in New York.". Both of us smiled.

            "And what about you?", she asked smiling. "What's your story?".

            I smiled and started talking. We talked for a while, about everything. The time was running so fast and I enjoyed every minute spent with her. I glanced at my watch, and saw what time it is. I should probably go.

            I said: "Oh, it's almost 2 am! I'd better go, we have to rest for tomorrow.".

            I got up and she did the same. I was taller than her, so she looked up at me and smiled, saying: "It was great talking to you. Good night!".

            I smiled and said: "Good night. Sleep well.". I wanted to talk more with her, but it was really late. She went into the house, and I went to my place to get some rest.

The next day...

Zoya's POV

            This time I woke up first, glancing at my phone to check the time. It was 2 minutes before my alarm was scheduled to buzz. I turned off the alarm, and woke up Dina. She was like me in a way, lazy to wake up. But unlike me, she got up from the bed, fast. And I really mean fast. Not like me, I used to drag away getting up from my comfy bed as much as I could, exception yesterday when I flew out of it when she woke me up at noon!

            Dina went to the bathroom to take a shower, while I used the precious time given to me, using it the best way I could, sleeping a few more minutes. When she got back down to our room, it was my turn to take a shower. After I finished my shower, we had about 15 more minutes before we had to leave.

            We got dressed while Melanie prepared some food for our breakfast. Cereals for Dina and me! Yay! Eating cereals took a few minutes, we washed our teeth quickly, and walked out of the house, to the car.

            Soon we came to the theatre, and Melanie went inside first. I stopped Dina and told her about my dress problem. She said she'll think of something. Of course she will! We went inside.

            Melanie was pacing nervously around the room. Dina went closer to her and asked her what happened. Melanie said that her male lead actor got ill and won't be able to perform tomorrow. Wow, this was way more serious problem, than the one I had with the dress! But my problem had to be solved anyway.

            Then Melanie screamed over Dina's head, slightly relaxed now: "James! Thank God you're here! I'm going to need your help. You used to act in school, right?",

            James was behind Dina, slowly approaching. When Melanie called him he just stopped, about 4 meters away from Dina, as he nodded his head confirming.

            I saw Dina's face got slightly shocked at Melanie's words, her eyes got wide open. Melanie didn't pay any attention to her at all as she walked past Dina, getting closer to James.

            I smiled because I knew where Melanie was going with this, and by the looks of it, so did Dina. She's going to put him in the show! Wouldn't that be a great show to watch! I smiled again.