Part Two Day Ten

Word Count: 2171

Thanks @Candidmoment for the banner! It looks so good

-Part Two Day Ten, Friday.

Well Shit.

"Were you going to use this on me?"

Juliette stayed perfectly still. She didn't know what her next move would be, but she guessed it would be trying to get her heart to work after the heart attack Ace just gave her.

His black eyes, no pigment in them what so ever gazed up at her through dark lashes. He wore a black leather jacket and black pants, his shirt white. He tossed Juliette's only form of defense around in his hands.

"I..ah-"

Juliette was stuttering, wishing she wasn't so afraid of the devilishly handsome man who was practically letting off dangerous vibes.

"Scared, Kitten?" he asked in a low voice. He was only teasing, she had to convince herself that.

"You wish," she forced out. She was actually surprised that words were forming at this point.

"Good, you shouldn't be. Because if I wanted you dead, I would have killed you. If I wanted you hurt, I would have hurt you. You see I'm not the one you should be afraid of," Ace said. His eyes moved to the bat again. Juliette swallowed.

"Who should I be afraid of?" she asked. Ace laughed, like he was enjoying an inside joke she didn't understand.

"Yourself. Because with the knowledge you have, and the-"

He paused, his eyes moving back up to Juliette's.

"The beauty you have, are all very dangerous. Especially in the world I'm creating," he said softly.

"World your creating?"

"Well, me and the resistance."

Juliette shivered. She was in way over her head at this point, but the curious part of her wanting to know exactly what this resistance is.

"How did you get in?" Juliette asked. The window behind Ace was closed, and she remebered locking it before. Ace flicked a look over his shoulder.

"I came through the window, but I closed it afterwards because there was a draft," he explained. Juliette stared at him, wondering what on earth his motive is.

"Why are you here? I really want you to leave," Juliette said, testing the waters to see if he really was as scary as he seemed.

"Aren't very hospitable are you Juliette."

He was teasing her. And sudenly, without a single warning he threw the bat straight at the window. It shattered straight through, and fell all the way to the ground below her window. Juliette gasped, shards of glass littering the floor.

"What the hell?"

Ace looked at her, a smile on his face. It was deadly, like a warning.

"Follow me," he said, before diving head first out the window. Juliette ran to the window, looking down to see him standing on the ground unharmed, four stories below her bedroom window.

"You're crazy! I'm not jumping out this window," Juliette admonished, folding her arms acoss her chest.

Five minutes later she was standing on the ground beside Ace, a death glare on her face.

"That is how it's done, stairs are always the safer option, Juliette said matter of fact. tilting her head to observe Ace. He looked serious.

"And here I was thinking you were a risk taker," he said with a sigh. He turned and started walking off toward the forest that backs the trial arena. Was that his plan?