Chapter 2 - Pic of Melanie

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 2

Zoya's POV

We were finally in England with Melanie. She is really pretty, if you ask me. Beautiful blue eyes, and brown hair that was falling in waves just across her shoulders. She had a blue-greenish dress, just above knee height.

I was really excited for being here. The airport was huge, I've never seen an airport this big! Actually, I've never seen an airport personally, at all! So this was all new to me.

Dina seemed happy to be here, too. We were dragging our suitcases behind us, following Melanie to her car. We settled in the car and were on our way to Melanie's house.

Really, England is an amazing country, so beautiful. At first it was weird to me that we were driving on the left side of the road, but that's normal to them, they drive on the left side here. But I couldn't help the feeling we'll hit someone.

I was like: "Watch out! The car!", squeezing my eyes shut.

Melanie and Dina laughed at me. Yea, right, like Dina didn't react just the same as me, when she was here for the first time! She told me all about it. I smiled to myself.

We arrived to our destination and Melanie parked on her parking place in front of the house. We got out and I looked around. The houses here are really cute. Victorian style. I liked them a lot. Melanie's house was just about 50 meters away from the sea.

"This place is great!", I squealed happily.

Both of them smiled at me and entered the house. If I thought outside was great, inside was even better.

It wasn't really a big place, but it was so comfortable. Front door lead into the room that was shared living room, kitchen and dining room, all in one, but well-spaced. On the left there were sliding doors that lead to the bedroom. They opened from the center, one part to the left side and one part to the right side. It was like a movable wall, and when the doors were open, it seemed like the bedroom is a part of the living room too. One side of the bedroom had a huge built-in wardrobe. In the middle of the room was a huge king-sized bed. On the right there was a bathroom, it was great, not too big and not too small. One wall covered all in mirrors. On the left side of the bedroom were stairs that lead downstairs. There was a room too, with two beds, I guessed this is where Dina and I will be. I liked our new place, I liked it a lot. Dina told me about this place a few years ago, but I thought she was exaggerating, when actually, she wasn't. This place really is amazing.

When we unpacked our stuff, Dina and I came upstairs. Melanie prepared some food for us. We ate and she offered she'll show us around the town a bit. Melanie showed us where the post office is, hospital, police station, shops, train station, bus station...

When we came back home, it was dark. And we were tired. Dina fell asleep instantly as she laid down on her bed. I was awake for a few more minutes and then I fell asleep too.

In the morning, Dina woke me up, smiling: "Good morning, sleepyhead!", pulling my hand up in the air gently, giggling.

"Get up! It's almost noon!", she said laughing.

I smiled to her, and looked at the clock. Oh, my, it really was almost noon! I jumped out of the bed like I was burned.

We didn't plan on doing anything special today, just rest and enjoy in our new home, hanging out with Melanie. Tomorrow is going to be our first working day. Both Dina and I, couldn't wait for it. We were so excited about it. We will work on a show! Who would have thought that!

The next day...

Dina's POV

It's been two days since we arrived to England. Zoya and I are going to help Melanie with her show.

Today is our first working day. Melanie said that we'll meet her long time best friend James today, he arrived last night, she didn't say from where.

We arrived to the theatre and went to the stage where the show is about to take place two days from today. There was already a lot of people by the stage. We met all of them. They are all working on this show. We talked with them for a while and then they went to do something, leaving Zoya and me alone.

And then, on the other end of the theatre, a great looking guy came inside. His figure was athletic and he had a brownish-blond short hair. He was dressed all in black, which looked so good on him. The black shirt he was wearing wasn't buttoned all the way up and wasn't tucked in his black trousers, it was hanging around casually. He was walking in our direction, hands in his front pockets. Oh, my!

I turned to Zoya, she was also looking at him, her mouth slightly open. I pushed her slightly with my elbow and she looked in my direction. We started chatting about some random things, just to stop being obvious of checking the guy out! As he came closer I noticed he has a light green eyes, which were beautiful.

Then we heard Melanie behind our back, just as she stepped out of the backstage room: "James! You're finally here!".

Zoya's head snapped in my direction, the same time I snapped my head to her.

Both of us had eyes wide open as we mouthed to each other simultaneously: "OMG! That's James?".

We snapped our eyes shut and open fast, opening mouth in a surprise. With the corner of my right eye I saw that he smiled to our reaction, still approaching Melanie. Melanie and James hugged, and then they came closer to us.

Melanie introduced us: "Dina, Zoya, this is James Miller. James, meet my cousin Dina Reid and her best friend Zoya Sheridan.".

He held out his hand to shake ours: "It's my pleasure, ladies.".

I smiled at the firm shake of his hand while I was firmly squeezing my hand too, replying: "It's nice to meet you too, James.".

My dad always says that someone's handshake can tell a lot about the person.

Zoya held out her hand too, saying happily: "Nice to meet you!".

Melanie told us what will each of us do. Zoya was supposed to prepare the costumes for the show, and make sure everything about them was ready. James was in charge of the lighting and sound system, and I was supposed to act female leading character and sing at the end of the show. Wow! That was a surprise! Melanie didn't even gave me a hint she planned on making me appear on that show! Sing and act, and lead, for that matter!

All of us headed to our positions to do what she told us to do. We won't have a rehearsal today, just arranging where each of us will stand and what we'll do. I looked at the script shortly. Luckily, I already knew the song. I just had to learn a few pages of the lines I was supposed to act. Ah! I made a mental note to myself to talk with Melanie about the scene in the script!

After our job for today was done, four of us headed to Melanie's place. Zoya's and mine current England home. We had a great time together. James is such a great guy! He said he works for the police, just like his 2 years younger brother Daniel. They are SWAT agents (Special Weapons And Tactics). His brother is the same age as Zoya and I. James also told us he'll stay almost 3 months here in England too, because he is on his free time from work. He was on an assignment for one year, and when he got back, he spent his first month back at home with his brother and friends. He wants to get home a few days before he returns to work. We will stay that long too.