One More Chance

Here's to my lovely readers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rocky's Point of View:

“Have a good vacation Rocky.” Melanie, my co worker waved goodbye as we closed up shop.

I said goodbye and ran to my car as it started to rain. Before I started to drive, I gave my older brother a quick text saying I just go tout of work, going to stop by the house before heading out.

I started my jeep. I set the radio to scan, but quickly stopped when I heard a song on the country station that I actually really liked.

As I drove, I sang along to an upbeat Luke Bryan song. My heart skipped a beat when I saw a couple standing on the sidewalk, they had their arms wrapped around each other as they kissed.

If it was any other couple, I wouldn't have cared, but they look so much like me and Avery. It's crazy! They dude had long brown hair and they girl have wavy brownish hair that was about the same length as Avery's.

“Hey Louis, can I make a request?” A man's voice came on over the radio after the song was over.

“Of course.” The radio host exclaimed. “What song?”

“I wanna request Wanted by Hunter Hayes for my girlfriend. She loves that song.” The guy pleaded.

And the next thing I know, our song was playing over the radio. A flood of emotions came running though me. Between the kissing couple and this song, I was crying like a baby. And I guess that's why I didn't see the pole...

~~~

“Avery!” I moaned through the pain. My head was pounding, I felt liquid running down my face, and it felt like I broke every bone in my body.

“Sir! Can you hear me?!” I heard a male voice yelling at me. I had no idea where I was or what was going on. I tried to look around, but I couldn't.

“We need to get him to the hospital. Now!” I heard another voice. I guess these people were paramedics and they were talking me to the hospital.

When they loaded my into the ambulance, I moaned out Avery's name again.

“Do you think that's his girlfriend?” The female voice questioned with a certain softness in her voice.

“I don't know Sarah.” The male voice said quietly.

We got to the hospital in record time, but now that I think about it, I wasn't in a proper state to say anything. They had me on a pain relieve, I guess I banged myself up pretty good...

“Eighteen year old male. Car crash. Possible fractures, spinal injuries, and concussion.” Sarah, I think that's her name, announced when I got blinded by the hospital lights.

I don't even remember what they did to me, all I do remember was people swarming around me. Connecting me to a bunch of different monitors. “Someone, put him in the ICU!”

“Has someone tried the kids parents!?” Why where they yelling?! Ahh, my head hurts!

“Neither of them are answering!”

“Any other contact numbers listed?”

I heard papers flipping. “There's an Avery Mason listed.”

I wanted to get up and jump. Yes! Call her! Now!!

“Well, what are you still doing here? Go call her!” I felt my body relax as they shipped me to ICU.