Home Sweet Home?

After a painful week of having non-appetizing hospital food every day, I was allowed to return home again. Louis has to stay for a few more days though. I was relieved to finally get out, because 1. I missed my room, 2. I missed my mum and Harry and 3. It was boring lying down in bed all day just watching TV. There was no wifi, which really sucked. I even tried reading a book, but I kept falling asleep halfway through. 

I haven't spoken to my mum, since the incident with my dad. Only because I was still angry with her. I only forgave my dad because I was scared what he would have done. I'm still not over it though. It's like something happens and it just marks your life forever once you really understand it. As an innocent child, you don't really get it, but as time goes by, it starts making more sense. I hate myself for telling him that I forgave him, but perhaps I was just using words and deep down, I know that I really don't forgive him. It's a matter of using lies to better the situation.

"Ready to go?" I hear a voice say. 

It's Harry with a bag to pack all my needs I guess.

"Here." He says handing me the bag, "I brought you some clean clothes. Probably felt horrid to stay in hospital clothes all this time."

I was wrong and he was right. 

I grab the bag and quickly go to the nearest bathroom to change.

I walk in minutes later, with some cords still attached on me and my hospital wristbands on my arms and I notice that Harry already packed everything.

"Thanks." I say and I kiss him on the cheek.

"Quite a tease, I see." He says, pulling me closer.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

I grab everything and walk to Louis' bed to see how he's doing and to say goodbye. I don't ever want to walk in a hospital again, but I know I have to come back to visit Louis. 

Afterwards, Harry takes me home. I know he isn't supposed to because of my mum, but I tell him that he can drop me a few houses before my own so he doesn't get caught.

I smack the front door when I get in, as a way for me to advise my mum that I'm home, I guess.

"Welcome back."

"Thanks mum."

"How was your dad's visit the other day? I hope he got everything I told him to bring."

I start to think back to that moment, "Mum...you promised."

"I'm sorry, okay? I couldn't make it. I had an important meeting that day."

Since when is earning money and work more important than family? Oh. Well thanks so much. Means a lot. "Yeah, okay I get that...but you didn't have to send him! Plus you said you were gonna come..."

"I just wanted you to have everything for your stay..."

"Yeah but you promised he would never get anywhere near me again."

"Oh come on hun, it didn't hurt that he visits you at the hospital for once."

"Yeah mum, it actually did. He visited me and that hurts, but what hurts even more is that you never even visited for that whole week."

"I'm sorry okay? At least I texted and called. It really isn't my fault that I had so much meetings and work."

"And Harry? As if he didn't have a lot of homework. You know what mum? He works on top of that too, he works in a bakery. He is actually busier than you are and yet he still finds time for me. You're my mother and yet you cannot find time for your own daughter, because all you care about is earning money and getting drunk to forget about the past."