Chapter 1

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

If you love my novels, then definitely check out my blog 'The Catalog by Celine' ♡ 

To the RR:

Rereaders, do you want BONUS CHAPTERS & BONUS SCENES of this novel (FATAL ALLIANCES)?

If you do, here's a link to the bonus chapters & bonus scenes which can be read for free on my blog! I've posted the link in the comments here❤️(Bonus Scenes are scattered throughout the novel so I highly recommend rereading on my blog to get the most out of these scenes). 

___________________________________________

Also, if you like Adrian from Fatal Alliances, then you'll really appreciate Yuri from my new novel 'The Saints Have Fallen' ❤️🙌

Don't you just love a darkly complex anti-hero? Because I absolutely do!

___________________________________________

Hi everyone, please don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT if you like :)

It almost felt like a dream- my dream. It was becoming a reality. I stood at the exquisite hotel before me. Well, to be quite honest, it was just the beginning of my dream come true. 'Just yesterday I got the internship but tomorrow I'll get the HR position' I positively laughed to myself. This was a big deal to me, huge for that matter. To be working in a high position in this hotel was one of the biggest goals I wanted to attain. Sure there were other jobs out there, but since I was a little girl I grew up watching this hotel develop. Since then it'd been my dream to contribute in it. Maybe I liked it so much because it was the last place I stayed with my parents before they died. Maybe it was the last connection I had with them. Plus, this could be my one and only chance to prove to my sister that I'm not worthless, I can earn something too.

After Mr and Mrs Dawnly took my older sister Jenna and our little sister Nina along with me in, life had been so different. I felt like I was a burden to them as I got older. I'm not sure how Jenna felt, but I had a feeling she saw it the same way I did because of the dark circles around her eyes. There was actually a time when I thought she was turning into a zombie. I stayed away from her for a whole week! Yep, no immaturity there what-so-ever. The Dawnlys have always been so good to us, they were like grandparents to us, old and considerate. Mrs Dawnly always made me laugh though, with her abnormal mind of a young person. It was a little disturbing watching her act like a twenty-two year old when she was actually seventy. And Mr Dawnly, well thankfully, he was normal. He was like the lovable grandfather you could always talk to.

Getting this job was really important to me, I had to prove to Jenna I wasn't a 'resource sucker' as she would call me. She made me so furious sometimes, pretending to be mother duck, saying she's older than me so I have to listen. Please. If she wanted to boss around someone, then have her own kids. Well, first she'd have to start being nice. Ha, like that'll ever happen. Actually, I'm wrong, she is nice to everyone but me and that's the sad truth. I've never seen her be imperious to anyone else, not even Nina- but she was seven so that doesn't count, does it? Anyway, the point of all this is to get rid of that horrid title she christened me with.

Yeah, no more 'resource sucker'.

Entering the hotel I tried to be as calm as possible, as sophisticated as I could- so I professionally stuck my head up, shoulders straight, chest out—but not too much out to look trashy, kept my gaze firm and went to the receptionist to tell her that I came in to speak to the manager about my internship. Boy, that was so much work. Maybe I should reconsider this internship and teach with Jenna at the school. Nope, too late. It was a bit annoying since they told me to visit back today to collect some hotel guideline books for the place. Couldn't they have given it to me when I got the internship position yesterday?

I felt my heart racing as I waited, the hotel's interior was equally as beautiful as its exterior. The artwork was just exquisite, the marbled and white porcelain features highlighted the modern atmosphere. It was almost like I was in a palace. I tried to picture myself as an heiress of this beautiful palace. That would've been a dream. Although, I have a feeling it's better I wasn't. If Jenna can't stand me now, how could she stand me as rich spoiled brat? As I mentally drew myself into another wonderful daydream I heard a sudden cough.

"You must be Ms. Juliet Greene?" A man stood in front me with the most hardened facial expression I've ever seen. "My name is Johnson Martin, manager of the Empire Heights hotel."

Crap. I stood to my feet greeting him with the most pleasant smile. "My name's Juliet Greene."

He suddenly arched an eyebrow.

'Double crap' I thought realizing that I just made myself look like a completely brainless idiot repeating my name again when he already knew who I was.

Don't panic Jules, don't panic. Act like Jenna would in a situation like this. Wait, Jenna would never be in such a dumb situation. Oh god...

"I'm so sorry, I'm just a bit flustered, I have a migraine that's all." I lied keeping the loveliest smile upon my face.

"I understand." He replied with not a hint of understanding upon his face.

No, you don't. You old quack.     

"Anyway, you can read through these guidelines about our hotel's standards, policies, etc. When you start you'll be appointed a mentor, she'll take care of your induction training. We'll call you soon to tell you when you'll start." He continued giving me a stack of folders and guideline books before leaving.

Urgghh, I thought I had gotten away from all this studying. Way to go Jules, you've managed to complicate your life even more. Don't worry, don't worry, it'll all pay off.

As I carelessly rummaged through the folders I accidently bumped into a man who was entering the hotel. The books and folders instantaneously dropped out my hand....and his.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry." I blurted out embarrassed as I saw the guy wear a tired look at the things on the floor.

"It's alright miss, it was my fault. Gentlemen open doors for pretty girls, not knock them down."

I almost felt a blush run up my cheeks. The young man in front of me was slim and tall but there was this elegant yet cute boyish look to him. His soft blond hair framed his face and added a childlike feature along with his light blue eyes. It was almost like looking at the portrait of a highly defined French painting in the city of Paris. I'm not exactly sure how that would be since I've never actually been to Paris but I assume it fits his description well. Quickly, I picked up all my books and folders as he did the same with his stuff.

"Here." He said giving me a paper of mine which fell out, "Get home safely miss, it's already quite late."

"Thank you."

As I took the paper from him and headed outside I couldn't help but smile from his kind words. Finally, somebody with a little class.