Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"I am going to go fucking insane if I have to stay in this bed another minute."

For the hundredth time, I tried to get up out of the bed, but both Lea and Dorean were pushing me back down under the covers and forcing me to lay there in complete and utter agony. Most of my wounds had healed, aside from a bit of a limp from the damage to my legs and my stitches in my head still healing, I was perfectly fine to be up and about.

"No," Dorean told me sternly, putting his finger on my nose, "You need bed rest. Hades said so. Just lay there like a good boy and let me get you something to eat. He said you can have solid food now, so I'll make you your favorite. Lea, could you make sure he doesn't do anything stupid?" Lea nodded firmly, watching Dorean depart before she turned to shake her head at me, her thick black curls falling over her shoulder.

Dressed in a summery blue and white tie-dye boho dress that fell to her knees, and a pair of leather brown ankle boots, she definitely was a sight for sore eyes. She'd thrown her long curly hair up in a sloppy bun, mostly to keep it from her eyes so she could give me her evil glare if I tried to move out of the bed.

"I'm a god," I complained as she shook her head at me, "A god who needs to stop a war from destroying the world. I can't waste time in bed."

"You aren't stopping a sneeze," She scolded me, tweaking my nose and making me grimace, "Let yourself heal, Xenon. You can't do much when you're still injured, and you're going to need all of your strength if you are to battle Atlan in the future." I frowned at that, reaching up to rub at my nose and wondering what everyone's current obsession with grabbing at it was before I reached over to the nightstand to grab a glass of water.

"Yeah," I muttered, "Easy for you to say. You're not lying in the bed. What've you been doing since I was out of commission anyway?" Lea grinned and plopped down on the bed, reaching into her lacy purse and taking out her iPad.

"I figured the Internet thing out! I managed to put the settings to Greek, so it's much easier to understand. It's easier to speak English than to read it, so I think I'm gonna stick with the speaking it. I'll figure out how to read it later. Anyway, I found this thing called Twitter--"

"Aunt Lea, I really don't think you should get on that creepy website."

"It's not creepy," She exclaimed, offended, "I already have six hundred friends... wait, followers. I think that's what they're called. And get this; they're fueling me!" I stared at her.

"You're joking." I stated. She shook her head and showed me her Twitter page.

"All six hundred of my new followers honestly believe in me, Xenon. It's charging me up faster than I thought. You should really try it." She said with a quick nod. I wasn't so sure about that. Twitter was a social website and I was as anti-social as they got. No, strike that Hades had me beat. But still. I wasn't so sure I wanted my aunt to go dancing around different websites.

"I also found this other website," She said, making me glance at her warily, "It's called Tumblr. I have a lot of followers there too. I started a blog. So many people want my help, Xenon. It's fascinating. Ah, but I did get one question that confused me."

"Oh yeah?" This ought to be good. Dorean also had a Tumblr and always insisted on making one for myself, but again, socializing with anyone, particularly humans, made me sick to my stomach. It's like I was allergic to it or something.

"Yes. Someone asked me if I shipped Sam and Dean. What is that?" She asked with a frown. I scowled.

"I don't know. A boat?"