XVI. Robin

We went back to the tower as soon as we could to make sure Beast Boy was okay. Sonic looked like he had something on his mind, and though I wanted to ask him, Starfire put her hand on my shoulder and shook her head. "Now is not the time." She whispered. Sonic's ear flicked, but he didn't seem to hear.

I looked at Beast Boy. He had an ugly bump on his head and a few burns, but there was nothing on him that suggested any immediate danger. Raven could still see plenty of life in him, and told us that he was dreaming.

When we got to the tower, we all rushed to the medical ward once again. Raven and Cyborg knew more than I did about that kind of stuff, so I left Beast Boy to them. And though Sonic had burns all over his hair on his back, he refused to get treated until Beast Boy was better.

"It is not hair!" He said defensively. "They are spines." 

"Okay, so get your little 'spines' treated." I shrugged. "I don't get it. What's the hold up?"

He stared back at Beast Boy for a moment. His eyes were filled with a guilty conscience that he shouldn't have had. "It was my fault he got hurt. It was my fault any of you got dragged into it."

"So..." Raven dragged out the word. "You're going to suffer until we all get better."

"Exactly!" Sonic pointed at her, then looked at the rest of our confused faces. "Ugh! It sounds dumb when you say it like that! I'm going to go lay down."

"We have made a room for you!" Starfire said, following him as he stormed out. I still had to ask Sonic about what he saw when he was with Slade, and I didn't really like the idea of Starfire with him. She was too friendly with him. Well, with everyone.

We walked along the hallway, Sonic walking slower than usual. I could tell millions of thoughts were weighing him down. Beast Boy, betrayal, Slade, and his best friend being held hostage were a lot to bear. Usually Beast Boy would be the one to help him, seeing as he was his closest friend on our team. Starfire could help, too. Maybe I would try and help carry his burden.

"Here it is!" Starfire called out, nearly making me jump. I had forgotten I was even following them. She opened the door and Sonic's eyes lit up. He stood there in astonishment, not knowing what to say. But his mouth was open, as if he was going to scream, 'YAY!'

"How did you do this?" He asked, taking a few steps in.

"We traced the world you came from by some of your DNA." I replied. "We sent a drone there, and... we found your home. Er, I think. Ask Cyborg if you wish too know."

The room was smaller than some of the others, but it was like a kid's room. There was a rug in the middle of it and some shelves filled with comic books and little figures. There was even a race car bed near the corner of the room!*

"I would ask where you got my DNA and how that doesn't make ANY since, but..." Sonic jumped onto the bed. "It's too nice to have a piece of home."

Starfire giggled, as if she expected the reaction but was still pleased with what she had done. "You did all of this?" I asked. "How did you know...?"

"I did not know he would be coming back." She replied. "But Cyborg helped me. And Beast Boy helped with the furniture. He couldn't help but put the figurines on the shelves."

I smiled. Sonic was already almost asleep, so I wouldn't be getting my answers anytime that night, as much as I wanted them. I would have to wait until morning, unless something else decided to wake us up.

"We should sleep." I said.

"You will not do your research?" Starfire asked. I knew she was just asking an honest question, but...