Thirteen

[Thirteen]

I didn't notice it until now, but Nate's eyes were burning with green flames, and the angry stare was not directed at me, but at the person behind the wheel.

"Oh great." I heard Cam mutter under his breath as he directed his own pair of blazing, blue eyes at Nate who was now approaching us.

"Hi Nate-"

"Oh, don't 'hi' me. What the hell Lilith? Why are you with him? Are you guys like best friends now? Are you guys dating?"
He said as he stuck his head in my window and placed a hand on the roof of the car to steady himself.

"No-"

"Yes-" Cam and I both said at the same time. I said no, because to be honest, I didn't want to hurt Nate's feelings, but in doing so, I probably ended up hurting Cam's.

I looked at Cam who was shooting daggers at Nate.

"I mean, yes." I quickly added, which made an even more angrier expression crawl its way to Nate's face.

"How can you? Lilith he's a criminal!" Nate replied with so much disgust in his voice that I actually flinched.

Cam's low chuckled broke through Nates word's and then, "Watch your tone, you moron. Didn't you break into my penthouse and steal from me? Also, get your hands off my car." Cam snarled back.

Nate's green eyes beemed with pure hate and then he was stepping back and pulling his shirt off despite the cool midnight breeze,"Alright, Kingsley. Fight me, you little bitch." He said as he formed his hands into fists and held them up.

I tried to hold back laughter. What was Nate thinking? He was a pretty boy who'd never even lifted a single finger in gym class and now this? I found it kind of cute, but alas I had to put an end to it.

"Nate, stop it. You're over exaggerating."

"Lilith, tell him to put his shirt back on, he looks ridiculous. I won't fight him. Mainly because I would  beat him so bad that you would hate me." Cam chuckled darkly as he got out of the car and walked over to my car door pushing Nate aside a little too aggressively.

"Oh you think? I'm not just a pretty boy Cam, I'll kick your ass right here, right now. Not just for Lilith, for my car, and my dad's. I had to ride the school bus for two weeks! Two weeks!"

Cam opened the door, not even glancing at Nate. Clearly not even acknowledging him as a threat,"Oh really? How terrible." He commented as he opened the door for me, with a mocking tragic voice.

"Yes, it fucking sucked! Now step aside Lilith, I'm going to kick this drug trafficking motherfucker's ass."

Cam suddenly turned on Nate. His eyes made of steel, shooting Nate a blood chilling glare that even made my own skin crawl in fear.

"What did you say?" Cam asked, suddenly standing to his full height and looming over Nate's 5'11' stature.

I quickly replayed Nate's words, I'm going to kick this drug traffaking motherfucker's ass

I understood well enough how much Cam hated that term. I quickly jolted out of the seat and stood in between both of them, placing my hands on their chests. I could literally feel the both of them shaking violently with anger, Cam in particular.