Chapter 18:

Morgan

"What's up?" Kahron said standing next to me bumping his shoulder against mine.

I look over at him trying to put a smile on my face as I shook my head.

"You know, I know you right?" He asked turning to look at me as he leaned against the bar. I focused on making a drink so I wouldn't have to look him in his eyes.

"Yeah, but I'm fine. Family stuff."

"Brother?" I nodded. "Didn't take the son situation well." I shook my head.

He nodded. "You obviously don't wanna talk. Just know whenever you do I'm only a phone call away. I'll always come running for you Mo." He tapped my hip before walking away.

I turned watching him walk away, sighing.

"Yo lil ma, my drink." The dude said in front of me. I turned seeing I was over filling the cup.

"Shit! Sorry." I mumbled.

I sighed as I begin writing my second letter since Mogul has yet to reply to the first letter or call since our last phone conversation a couple weeks ago.

I haven't even been able to visit him either since they said he hasn't signed to get them back since when he got them taken away after the altercation.

I put my notebook down as the doorbell rung. I opened the door seeing Tam and Eric going back and forth not even noticing I opened the door.

"You are gonna make shit right with Morgan for that asshole shit you did. This is the first girl you had that I actually fuckin liked. I should beat yo ass, asshole." She said punching him.

"Chill! I know I fucked up. I been calling and texting her trying to apologize, but she obviously ain't fuckin with a nigga no more."

"Y'all done?" I ask.

Tam hit him one more time before turning towards me smiling. "Hey boo." She said hugging me.

"What's up Morgz?" Eric asked rubbing the back of his neck. I simply waved as I stepped back motioning for them to come in.

"Eric stop lookin at her ass." Tam said as I walked past him to sit with them.

"Tam. Shut the fuck up forreal." He snapped.

I chuckled sitting down near them. "Y'all too much for me."

"Eric been missing you." Tam said.

"That's nice." I said.

"Well damn. You ain't miss me, not even a lil bit?" I shrugged.

"You be frontin' Morgz. You know you missed our friendship." He said smiling. I shook my head not able to stop a smile from forming on to my face, his smile is so contagious.

"Maybe I missed you a lil bit. As friends tho." I quickly added.

"Hmm, that right? Why just friends?" He asked.

"Ugh! See you fucked it up Eric. I wanted her to be my future sister in law." Tam said folding her arms over her chest looking mad.

I laughed. "Either way you still always gonna be my sis."

"Yeah, whatever." She said flagging me off.

"Awh boo don't act like that." I said climbing on her lap hugging her. "You know you my big sissy."

"Nah, you just gonna be all on her but ain't trying to be all on me tho." Eric said. I nodded laughing.

"Friends." I said pointing at him. He sucked his teeth before nodding.