Just Another Day

Just Another Day

2nd January 2042

Jace's POV (McKenna 34 weeks and 0 days, Izzy 9 weeks 2 days)

"Welcome home babe." I grinned as I pulled up in the driveway. It had been a relatively quiet drive home from the hospital and a slow one. I was just taking my time to get there as Kenna had kept her eyes closed the entire time. She'd be still pretty tired and hopefully she'd be able to get a better nights sleep here. In our house.

"It's good to be home, I would really love a nice relaxing bath." she said softly as she turned my way with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Well then, let's head inside and I can run one for you." I smiled and squeezed her thigh with the hand I had resting there the whole journey home. It's going to be nice sleeping in bed with her tonight, our bed. I have to get used to saying that, I wasn't planning on blurting it out like that. It's not just mine anymore, it's ours. I'm really loving the sound of that.

"Lead the way stud." she giggled and opened the door. I was quick to unclick my belt and then run around to her side of the car to help her out. Reaching for her hand, she grabbed it so I could ease her out of the car carefully. She winced a little as she rubbed over her belly.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked over her features, her face was a little scrunched up and her eyes were barely open as she took a deep breath.

"Yeah, Rocco just kicked me really hard." she said as she now rubbed over the right side of her bump. He's been doing that a lot. All through the night he was kicking her hard and I could feel it where I had my arm draped over her belly. We might have a little footballer at this rate.

"Be nice to you Mummy, son." I chuckled as I placed my hand over hers. Kenna looked up at me with a smile and then leaned in close and pressed her lips softly to mine. I love it when she does that, those little kisses at random times.

"Will you show me his room after my bath?" she asked as I took her hand and walked toward the front door.

"Maybe." I smirked as I put the key in the lock and opened the door. When it was open, she was about to step through the door but i was quick to grab her hand to stop her. The frown on her face made her look adorable and I chuckled as I swept her up into my arms to carry her. She giggled and then wrapped her arms over my shoulders and kept her eyes on mine.

"Now this is more like it." she grinned, just being around her makes me the happiest I've ever been. I honestly don't know how I scored this amazing woman and I'm so glad I have her as mine. Making sure I wouldn't hit her head on the door on the way through, I stepped through it and grinned.

"What's mine is yours now baby. Welcome to your new home." I whispered as I kicked the door closed with my foot and then carried her through the house.

"You really are the sweetest fiancé a girl could have." her smile was so big and she was glowing. Fiancé, I was definitely not planning on asking her to marry me to today. I knew the moment I blurted that out as well, that I meant every word. Kenna is the one I want to spend my life with and maybe have a couple more babies with if she lets me.

"I'm sorry I don't have a ring and that it wasn't really the best proposal in the world." I said as I reached the bathroom door and carefully sat her on the counter. I was about to walk over to the bath and turn the water on but she grabbed my arm and pulled me closer.

"It was perfect just the way it was and I don't care about a ring, I have you." she smiled as she placed her hands over my shoulders and wrapped her legs around my waist. I reached down and pulled on the hem of the scrub top and began to lift it slowly up. Our eyes stayed locked on each other as I peeled her out of it.