TMA || 10

>>>ARETHA'S OUTFIT

To say that I was having a bad day would be the understatement of the century.

Seriously.

My day started off great. I woke up next to the most beautiful woman in my eyes, and I left the house in high spirits, only to be attacked by nonsense. It's like today is 'Screw Raphael Over Day'. It's a miracle I've avoided killing anyone.

It all started with a phone call to inform me that the network at my telecommunications company's master server had been tampered with, which meant it was down the entire day. Maestri Telecoms is my third most successful business, and since it's linked to my other businesses, you can imagine what a field day operations at The Maestri Empire Headquarters was like.

To top off that disaster, my response teams across the world couldn't have been any more incompetent than they'd been. Honestly; I could do their jobs blindfolded. Apparently I can't fix everything just because I'm CEO, which came as a mighty shock to me just by the way.

And the icing on the cake goes to my fiancée, the one person who was supposed to make me see the light in my day. Oh no! Instead, she just adds onto my day's stress with her critical nonsense. I didn't need to know that I'm a hypocrite. Quite frankly, I don't give two shits about whether or not I'm a hypocrite.

I was on my way back home and it was past eight. A small part of me felt guilty about the time, but after the day I had, the bigger part of me couldn't have been bothered by the consequences. Aretha could be upset all she wants. I didn't need the stress from her over that on top of everything.

When I got home, the house was eerily quiet, especially considering the fact that I currently live with nine females (what the hell?). The three older women were in the lounge, and they ignored me when I greeted them. The girls weren't talking to me either, which left Rhonda since Aretha was nowhere in sight.

"Evening," I greeted. She mumbled a response.

I guess Aretha shared our encounter.

"Where's Ari?" I asked.

"Study," she replied without looking at me.

I guessed that she wouldn't engage me in a conversation, so I left her and headed upstairs to my floor. I headed straight to my study once the elevator doors, only to be locked into my office. When I turned to my desk, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Marci?" I said unsurely.

"Hello little brother," she scowled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, your darling fiancée came up with this brilliant plan of getting us stuck in the same place so that we could finally talk," she replied.

Aretha is responsible for this?

"When did you meet her?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"We spent the entire day together. She really is something special, even though your stupidity has made you blind to that fact," she said angrily.

"What are you talking about? I don't understand what's going on here," I admitted.

"I've never hated you for Ralph's death Ambrosi. You just assumed that I did because that's what mum, dad and Salina felt. You shut me out. I've wanted to reach out to you this whole time, and now thanks to the woman who you crushed today, I'm able to tell you that I've missed you, but also that you're the biggest idiot on the face of the planet," she explained.

I was stunned.

"You don't hate me?" I asked, disregarding her choice to use the name I've grown to hate.