Forget-Me-Not

Sad to say...this is the finale guys... I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. This was more of my more difficult pieces to write because I've never dealt with fantasy or spiritual type themes. But I hope I did this story justice. Again, thanks for sticking with it and voting and commenting. It means the world to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ashley, this isn't gonna work." Madison tells me as Glen closes all the blinds in Spencer's hospital room.

"Yes it is." I tell her, trying to convince myself as well.

"We're gonna go to jail." She says as Glen walks back over to us.

"I thought you were okay with that?" I ask, quirking a brow at my friend.

"Yeah I was...in theory." She nods. "But now that those words hold truth. I'm pretty freaking terrified." She says with bulging eyes.

"It's gonna be fine. I have reinforcements." I assure them both. They both look at me with narrowed eyes as Spencer's room door opens.

"We have two minutes to do this." Nurse T says. We're gonna continue to call her that so she won't be implicated in this. Can't have her going to jail for being a really cool person and helping me out with this.

"This is insane." Glen points out.

"I know." I nod as Nurse T unhooks Spencer from all the wires.

"Doesn't she need that?" Glen asks, pointing to her ventilator.

"I'm not taking her off this one, it's portable so I'm just gonna unhook it from it's base." She says as she does just that and places the machine at the foot of Spencer's bed.

"We ready?" She turns and asks the three of us. We all nod once and lift the rails on both sides of Spencer's bed before we make our way out the door with her. We get a couple stares from some nurses working at the desk but none say anything because Nurse T is with us. We get on the elevator and I press the button for the ambulance bay. When the doors close everyone visibly relaxes a bit.

"Wait, how are we moving her. My car isn't big enough."

"Neither is mine." Madison chimes in.

"I got that covered." I assure them as the elevator doors open to the ambulance bay.

"Hey, Ashley." A brown haired guy greets me as the elevator opens.

"Hey, Aiden." I smile as we roll Spencer into the ambulance. "Thanks again for doing this Aide, I know you could lose your job." I tell him genuinely and he smiles.

"It's no problem." He waves me off. "After you got me Bob Dylan's Complete Paper Sheet collection and Album collection box and ABBA's Voulez Vous rare 1979 blue marble vinyl, how could I not help you out?" He asks with a grin.

"Still thank you."

"I'll meet you guys there." He says shutting the door to the ambulance, and flipping on his lights.

"Thanks again." I turn to Nurse T and say.

"My pleasure. I really hope this works." She says with a smile and nod.

"Me too." I tell her.

"Ash, we gotta go." Madison says as her and Glen run towards his car. I give Nurse T another smile before catching up to them.

It took us less than twenty minutes to get to the Garden. Aiden was already there waiting. I'd asked Mrs. Peatree if she could open a little later today and to my surprise she happily agreed.