Chapter Two

Chapter Two: 

I grunted as I landed the broomstick I'd been flying, my knees nearly buckling from underneath me as I hadn't done it quite right, but nobody paid attention to me.  Harry Potter stood in the doorway, looking at us as if he could barely believe that we were all there.  

"All righ', Harry? Ready fer the off?" Hagrid's voice rumbled as Ron moved to clasp Harry's shoulder in support.  I looked over towards the twin's, who were standing a few feet away from me and whispering amongst themselves.  

"Definitely, but I wasn't expecting this many of you!"  

It was then I realized that he had no clue of the plans and I grimaced, knowing he probably wouldn't like them even a bit, but I doubt he had a choice in the matter.  This was going to happen.  Moody and Harry exchanged a few more words as I decided I'd move past them in order to get inside and out of the spooky night.  I had a weird feeling that we were being watched, and I didn't much care for that, however stupid that feeling may be.  

Of course nobody was watching us, Moody would know before anyone if they were if what I'd heard about him was true.  

The others seemed to follow me and I sighed in relief to have the door closed behind us.  We all seemed to settle into furniture and I watched half-heartedly yet rather uninterested as everyone laughed and talked, chatting with one another for several minutes before the conversation finally turned a bit more serious and towards our plans.

"-we're going to use the only means to transport left to us, the only ones the Trace can't detect, because we don't need to cast spells to use them: brooms, thestrals and Hagrid's motorbike."

I continued to listen as Moody spoke of Harry never being able to come back here, listening to him speak of the safe houses and how Harry would be going to Tonks' parents house, Tonks being the pink haired girl.  I'd be going to the Black house, Fred back to the Burrow, George to his Aunt Muriel's home, and on it went.  Once there, there would be a portkey waiting for us and we'd be transported to right outside the Burrow.  

Despite Harry's obvious aversions to wanting to put all of us in danger, he finally agreed to the plan and moved on to getting ready to take the polyjuice potion, which was something I was really dreading as Hermione had told me just how disgusting it all was. 

I grimaced as I watched Harry yank out several of his hairs and pass them to Mad-Eye Moody and he added them to the concoction  that I knew in a moment I'd have to drink.  As the polyjuice potion bubbled, Hermione smiled and turned towards Harry.

"Oh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry!"

Ron stared at her with a mix of shock and disgust and I watched as her pretty face turned a nice shade of red as she scrunched her nose up cutely, shaking her head, her curly hair bouncing on her shoulders.  

"You know what I mean.. Goyle's potion tasted like bogeys," she grimaced as if easily recalling the taste and the look on her face made me crack a smile for the first time in a while.  

Moody had us line up and after we found Mundungus (who was hiding away..again), he pulled out several small cups and began filling them with the mud-like substance, handing them to each of us.  Mundungus first, then Fleur, Fred and George, Ron and Hermione, then finally me.  I looked at each of them and followed their lead, as they went to drink, so did I.

Gagging, I dropped the cup as I felt my skin immediately begin to stretch and seemingly bubble. Taking a quick glance at the others, I realized they were all looking the same as I was feeling and it made me nauseous to watch them.  

Once the transformation was complete, we were told to get some clothes out of one the sacks Moody had brought along, and solemnly, as if we were finally all realizing that this was where things got serious, we put them on.  I steadily tried to ignore the twins joking and laughing, I knew that now was not the time.

"Mundungus will be with me," Moody began, "by broom."  The weasely man argued for a moment before finally giving in, accepting his fate.  "George will be with Arthur, Fred with Remus, also on brooms.  Miss Delacour-"

"I'm taking Fleur on a thestral, she's not fond of brooms," Bill spoke up as the Harry I assumed to really be Fleur Delacour walked over to him, making this unbelievably cutesy face that didn't suit Harry's features at all.

"Miss Granger with Kingsley, by thestral."

"Which leave you and me, Ron!" Tonks grinned and I realized the problem we now had.  There were only three more people left who weren't groupled up.  Two Harry's, (being the real Harry and myself) and Hagrid.  

"An' you're with me, Harry.  Tha' all right?" Hagrid rumbled and Harry quickly nodded, walking to his new partner for the night.  

Then there was only me, which Moody seemed to have just realized.  

"We're one short.  Well, Miss Deacon, as much as I would like to send you with us, we cannot do so, so you'll be on your own.  Got your wand at the ready?"

I blinked, my eyes widening as Fred and George, Ron, Hermione and Harry all moved to argue but I spoke over them.

"As ready as I'll ever be, sir."

*_*_*

I took off into the sky with the rest of the Harry's and the Guardians, my stomach queasy because of nerves as we all split up, me heading in the general direction of my biological father's home.  While I thought I would be able to have no problem finding it, I quickly realized that it was a lot different in the air than on the ground.  

My eyes widened in order to better see the streets down below me, I knew I was going the right direction, but where I should turn or land was beyond me.  

Lost and confused.. that was how the Death Eaters found me as I flew through the night sky.

[[A/N: A slightly belated birthday present for Made4Paper!  Happy Birthday :)  You guys can thank her, because she's the only reason this was written and posted today lol.  Sorry this really followed along with the book, so far I've done a great job of making sure that it didn't feel like you were rereading things, but this chapter it could not be helped, so I apologize :) I hope you guys like it, let me know by tossing some comments my way (and a vote would help too >.<)  Peace and Love, iJay]]