The Beginning

Hi to my readers but this is my first time writing a book and i hope that you all will support me while I try to write some everyday. Thank You.

Ear piercing shrieks echoed in my ears. The ground shook and tremored. Drawn out sooty faces of hunger stares silently back at me, reflecting the state of my body too. Injured. So many people stacked up to the side... dead. I turned over in my side of the wall, and cried silently for Jace, Mom and Dad knowing that they would never come.

2 Years Later

The Capitol. It is the governing system for Panem, my home. They arose and took over when the United States of America went into death in the millions from starvation from Nature's wrath against the human kind for polluting her. Earthquakes and Tsunamis, a couple of hundreds of people. Volcanic eruptions, a few thousand. Droughts, a certain more millions. All adding to the death count. 

The Capitol split us into 13 Districts, each District does something different.

District 1: Luxury

District 2: Masonry

District 3: Electronics

District 4: Fishing

District 5: Power

District 6: Transportation

District 7: Lumber 

District 8: Textiles

District 9: Grain

District 10: Livestock

District 11: Agriculture

District 12: Coal Mining

District 13: Graphite Mining

Not everyone liked it. Most were oppressed into poverty and hunger again. So then came the Rebellion. Most of the Districts met together in secret. Always in The Seam. District 13 started to manufacture weapons. From simple guns to high powered laser tanks to nuclear weapons. They were the center of the Rebellion.

The time came to fight. The time of preparation and pep talks. Which was when the Capitol striked.

No one knew how The Capitol found out but it was too late. Bombs were exploded and death swept through Panem like a disease. The Capitol stamped out the last of the Rebellion, finding every member known to be in it. 

The Dark Days are now over. No more protests. The Capitol has proven its power. Boundaries were set up in every District and is fenced off, preventing a repeat of the rise of a Rebellion when everyone could go anywhere they wanted.

I was left in District 10 with a family friend making pipe bombs while the rest of my family fought against The Capitol. I guess I was one the few remaining that had once supported the Rebellion that were never found. As soon as the news of my parents death reached me, Nix's mother who is the family friend, hid me while they searched for me. After deciding I was not a threat to the safety of their luxurious homes since I was a girl and that I had never actively participated in the Rebellion, they left me to work with the rest of District 10. 

And now here I am. My name is Kealil Merllack.

I growled with hate as I turned away from the debris of the war that killed so many of my family. I strode quickly through the dull burnt out streets of of District 10  looking for Nix.

I heard from Grace, my best friend,  that my stupid adorable little step-sister just got into trouble with Nina, my stepmom, for stealing one of her fresh bread again. Then again my step sister was by far one of my favourite person in the world.