Chapter Two: Practice? Nah.

“Are you ready to go?” Momoi asks.

The bell had just rung, indicating that school was over for the day. Unfortunately it also meant that clubs were now beginning. Momoi had bounced over to Misaki’s desk as soon as the bell started to ring, she has an excited gleam in her eye.

Misaki nods, “Yes, just allow me to get my bag.” She takes it from the hook on the side of her desk. As she stands up Misaki is surprised to watch Momoi smack Aomine on the back of his head. 

“Wake up Aomine-kun! You’ll be late if you don’t get up!” 

Aomine groans as he swats Momoi’s hands away from him. Other than that he doesn’t move at all. Momoi slaps him again and finally he sits up. His blue eyes are hazy from sleep and narrowed in anger, “Oi, what the hell Satsuki?” 

“Get up, it’s time to go to practice! You’re not skipping this, it’s the first practice of the year.”

“Fine. Just stop yapping in my ear.” He then squints at Misaki, “Huh? Why are you here still?” 

Misaki sighs and Momoi smacks him on the arm again, “I’m a part of the Basketball club as well. So Momoi and I are walking there together and I guess you are too.” 

“Whatever, let’s just get this over with.” He gets up and takes his bag.

Momoi rolls her eyes and Misaki can’t even help but wonder what he’s even doing in the basketball club if he’s so unhappy about it. Are his parents making him join the club just because it looks good on college applications? 

“Are you excited for the first practice today?” Momoi asks as she and Misaki head toward the gym. Aomine was trailing behind them, though still unhappy. 

“Well, it’ll be nice to see how Touou runs practice I guess. I usually just showed up at the ends of the practice for the last two years and then Nii-chan and I walked home together. Sometimes Susa-nii would come along as well.” 

“Really? Who is he?” 

“Imayoshi Shoichi.” 

“Wait, that creep is your brother?” Aomine finally joins the conversation. 

Misaki glares at him, “Nii-chan is shifty and sly but he’s not a creep. Don’t ever insult him like that again.” 

Aomine gives her a blank look, “Isn’t that basically the same thing as what you just described?” 

“Aomine-Kun don’t insult her like that! That’s rude!” Momoi yells. 

Misaki sighs, “It’s fine. I don’t hold opinions of those I don’t know well too high. Everyone has their personal views. Let’s just hurry, we don’t want to be late and have that reflect poorly in everyone else’s eyes.” 

“You’re absolutely right Misaki-Chan! Let’s go!” Momoi takes the ravenette’s hands in her own and begins to run off, completely leaving Aomine to watch them run off. 

“Idiots…” He mutters.

“Ah Satsuki-chan please slow down or I’ll fall!” Misaki begs as Momoi ran full tilt. 

The pinkette starts to slow down and just in time for the doors of the gym to show up. Turning around the two realize that Aomine isn’t even in sight anymore. In fact they couldn’t see him anywhere down the line. Momoi stomps her foot.