Prologue: Blood Bound

Konstantin

---

Year: 1406

                               ---                                 

She could feel it in her soul. She felt and heard the weeping of humans as they grieved for their loved ones.

How dare he?

How dare a lycan slaughter the rightful owners of this world?

Did he think the great spirits would sit back and allow this to go unnoticed?

Did he think death would come without a price?

The only solace she took from this was that he was killed by one of his own – another lycanthrope. However, that didn't dim the seething hate she held in her heart for all shifters, lycanthropes, and vampires. They were all a stain on the world she and others like her so lovingly created.

She came upon the doors to the grand hall, and with one swipe of her hand, the doors flew open.

Sitting there, chained in the middle of the hall, was the cause of all this suffering. The humans named him Konstantin, the Wolf God. He was no God – he was a monster born from the lust of a great spirit and a wolf. He was nothing.

He sat there, head down, and slumped over in nothing but some rags. His body shook, and she glared daggers as she realized he was laughing.

"Those stupid humans worshipped you from down on their knees, Athea. You look more wicked than the men I tore apart," he chuckled as he looked up with a grin, but she saw pain in his golden eyes.

Good, he deserved to feel some pain for all the chaos he had caused.

Her eyes burned with fire as the room shook from her anger.

"Speak my name once more monster, and I shall have those lips sewn shut."

His grin never faltered. "I expected to be sent to fire and brimstone when I was killed, but it seems there has been a terrible mistake, this looks more like paradise."

He eyed the spirit up and down, licking his lips as he took in just how beautiful this woman was. A fang poked from his upper lip as Athea seethed.

"No, burning for eternity would be too good for a creature as far gone as you, monster. We have other plans."

His expression turned icy. "I'm shaking. Please, do spare me," he drawled, but she saw the underlying amusement.

Taking a moment to remember the information she had collected; Athea was now the one smiling. "I saw what made you snap. The human you ravaged with guiltless lust is dead. Did that make you care, monster? Did it make you want to take away happiness from all those around you because you lost what you thought was yours?"

That wiped the grin right off his scarred face. "I took revenge for her death."

"Revenge? I saw only one man kill her, but you decided to kill thousands of other innocents. That isn't revenge, that is evil. That is what lies beneath your beautiful face, a creature created for death and carnage," she spat.

Athea circled him as her words rained down like poisonous daggers. "You picked the wrong world to ravage, Konstantin."

He let out a huff. "I'm so frightened," he snapped sarcastically. "Do what you need to do and let me rot in peace witch."