Stupid Bravery

I woke up when it was dark, but it wasn't morning. My ears caught onto something moving, something that wasn't supposed to be moving, but Liam was missing from next to me. I quickly slipped on a shirt of his and ran out of the room, all the while rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

The entire house was cold and empty. No sound inside, other than my bare feet bouncing against the floor. At the bottom of the stairs I listened for some more sounds and I heard one. Only one that I focused on. It was a loud scream for help coming from in front of the house. I dashed to the door and pulled it open, just in time to see Ivy disappearing in the shadows on the shoulder of a man.

I didn't think, didn't even contact the pack and just shifted into my wolf, taking off after them. The ground passed beneath me and every branch, rock or fern that wanted to trip me went by without even a second glance from me. My eyes were solely on the prize.

Before I could catch up to them, two wolves blocked my way. These two wolves I have once seen before - Jaq and a man who had left this pack when a couple more did. I stared at them in shock and then growled at them.

How could they be in on this? Jaq was, yes, kicked out of the pack which would make him want revenge, but the other one. He left on his own! He was given a choice whether or not he would want to be part of the new kind of pack or leave. It was his choice.

Kathryn. Liam sounded angry, even in my head. Jaq and the wolf backed away a few steps and then took off running towards the woods. I was frozen in my place, the man with Ivy long gone already. Return, now! 

I puffed out a white cloud of air into the cold and then turned around. Every step I took back towards the pack, hurt me. Ivy was with them, they had her. And everyone knows what happens to the men and women that are taken like this.

But one thing didn't add up.

They took mates. Someone that had found a mate, but she hadn't. Perhaps taking mates wasn't such an important thing anyways. Perhaps they took random people and all of them just did turn out to be mates.

In front of the house, Liam was talking to Jonathan in an abnormal speed. I shifted back as soon as I made it to them and Liam spun around.

"What were you thinking?!" he growled.

I stared at him. "They have Ivy!"

"Do you want them to take you too?!" he hissed and rubbed his eyes. "Fuck, Kathryn. Running into the woods like that without backup? Are you suicidal or something?"

I glared at him. "Don't yell at me." I looked at Jonathan as if to have him help me, but frankly he looked angrier than Liam. Or Liam was just better at hiding it.

Liam turned around to Jonathan. "Take her to our room and lock her there." He ordered and Jonathan looked more than happy to obey. Jonathan grabbed my hand, but I pulled it back harshly. 

"Don't you dare," I warned and held my arms up. "I am not an animal you can cage!" Liam didn't pay any attention to me, just walked away towards his men. Jonathan grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. "Put me down! Now, Jonathan! Liam!" None of my pleads helped and I was left dangling over the shoulder of my brother, staring at the ground with teary eyes. 

The grass turned to stone and then into the floor of the house. I fell limp against a moving Jonathan and just kept still. My thoughts circled around Ivy, poor innocent Ivy, who was now with those beasts. Who knows what they might do to her. Well, the end result is pretty clear, but I'm actually a bit more afraid of what they'll do to her when she's alive.

The hallway floor was clearing away and I was already back in the darkness of our bedroom. Jonathan set me down on the bed and I quickly scooted away from him.

"Kathryn."

"Shut. Up." He looked taken aback. I only scooted even farther and hugged my knees to my chest.

"Elle..."

"Shut up!" I screamed and he jumped. I brushed away the tears from my eyes and stared at the tangled sheets on the bed in front of me. "Leave." He didn't try anything else, just nodded and left the room. Before he walked through the door, he took the little golden key from the inside side of the door and walked out, locking the door after him. 

I bitterly stared into the fireless fireplace and weeped. If something was going to happen to Ivy, I swear to God, I'll murder someone.

**

Yes, I know it's shorter than usual, but this was just the perfect place to end it at! Sorry!

I know I haven't been updating every day like I used to and I only have school to blame for that, which is pathetic of me. I'm sorry. I'm going to try to write a ton this weekend, so possibly I could have some chapters ready to give them to you more often, as a backup when I don't have the time to write next to school :)

Sneaky ;)

-K